• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toy ideas for Tildy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
Hello - I'm looking for the toy and foraging guru's to help me with some ideas for Tildy's toys. Her legs and feet are crippled which make climbing and perching hard - she has a head tilt and a tic which can make coordinated play difficult. I know that she is interested in toys because she gets ahold of one of the ones that is hung in her cage and bangs it against the side, and she tries to roll around a small ball that I gave her. She doesn't shred any paper I offer, she has wide flat perches so she can sit and sleep comfortably. I want her to have the best most enriched life that I can give her, and I think that toys and foraging are a big part of this...if her dumb Mommy can just figure out how! ps Thanks to John for the idea of a flat low sided box with toy bits and timothy hay to forage through to find them1 :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I know several members have special feather babies like Tildy - and will be along soon with some ideas for you

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I had a special needs guy, a tiel.

Anyway, he mostly loved to chew. He liked wicker balls with paper in them, different textures of rope, cotton, hemp, seagrass, to run through his beak. Make sure they are just an inch or so long (not to get tangled). Bells. Everything was tied to the sides of the cages, around the platforms. He also like the toys with different beads hung on them.
His foraging was through food dishes, or millet hung amongst the toys.

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
Thanks! Keep the ideas coming - so far she hasn't shown any interest in shredding or paper - just ignores it. :)

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Awe little Tildy is lucky to have such a great mommy... My special tiel Mikey is afriad of his toys :(.... But the one thing he does love is his mirror. He loves to look at himself (handsome devil that he is) and he plays with the little beads that are on it. I wish I had more advice to help you.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Saroj has these little pots that she gets that might be cute! They can have the lid on them, but I've seen them with the lid off and the screw onto the side of the cage. You could put it next to a perch and she would be able to reach in there and find some goodies. I don't know where she gets them though, however I know she has posted the link before!

Status
Not open for further replies.