• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Toxic plant...maybe?

LilSprout

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Phil
I keep all my plants downstairs in the rooms birds don't have access to, I have a couple that are bird safe but I wouldn't allow a bird to touch it because I like my plants in a non destroyed form lol!

Buying a nice big hibiscus tree would be cool as like a living enrichment/play area but I worry about chemicals that they spray plants with. Indoor tropical plants are sprayed quite often...

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
The tree in my profile picture is a bunch of willow leaves I use to make little play things for them, I stick branches in Wiffle balls or tie them together, Weave object out of them like swings or orbits. They really like that! I don't have a picture of the tree right now but don't imagine a grand willow tree:rofl: doesn't really have a lot of Side branches or Something.
Either way is sounds cool! :roflmao:

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
I keep all my plants downstairs in the rooms birds don't have access to, I have a couple that are bird safe but I wouldn't allow a bird to touch it because I like my plants in a non destroyed form lol!

Buying a nice big hibiscus tree would be cool as like a living enrichment/play area but I worry about chemicals that they spray plants with. Indoor tropical plants are sprayed quite often...
Oh yeah that’s true, I hadn’t thought about that yet. Companies that say they don’t use conservatives and sprays aren’t 100% trustable either :banghead:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yes they are not trustworthy! I usually get my plants either by planting them myself, or buying from a local organic market. And Some I get from my grandfather, those are usually bigger ones and have been there for years and intreated while there, so if they once were sprayed it has long worn off.:)

RandyMiller

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Randy Miller
The tree in my profile picture is a bunch of willow leaves I use to make little play things for them, I stick branches in Wiffle balls or tie them together, Weave object out of them like swings or orbits. They really like that! I don't have a picture of the tree right now but don't imagine a grand willow tree:rofl: doesn't really have a lot of Side branches or Something.
Good one! :laugh: