• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Totally Organics All In One

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Here is what it looks like sprouted. This is after soaking overnight, one day of rinsing, then this it what is looks like today. They really like it too!

Attachments

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Kathy, could you please tell me how you went about sprouting the seeds? I have some of the Totally Organics All in One and I would like to try sprouting them.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
you inspired me, Kathy!!
I have an unopened bag!:dancing::dancing:

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
lol Saroj, get to sprouting already!

Bridgid, I just used an empty mason jar that I had, put about an inch of seed in it then used filtered water and put enough that there was about 2 inches of water above the seeds. Then covered them with a paper towel, and let them sit overnight.

The next day I rinsed them 4 or 5 times throughout the day and propped the jar in a bowel upside down so any extra water could run out (still had the top covered with paper towel).

Then I put them in a dark, cool cupboard overnight and the next day they were sprouted!

I also used some of the seeds after they had soaked overnight, put in their breakfast that morning before they had sprouted, since they have a ton of nutrients at that point.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Kathy, thank you. I'm going to have to try that this week.

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Your welcome, let us know how it turns out!

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Excellent! Thanks for this. I have a bag of this to sprout myself. :)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
lol Saroj, get to sprouting already!

Bridgid, I just used an empty mason jar that I had, put about an inch of seed in it then used filtered water and put enough that there was about 2 inches of water above the seeds. Then covered them with a paper towel, and let them sit overnight.

The next day I rinsed them 4 or 5 times throughout the day and propped the jar in a bowel upside down so any extra water could run out (still had the top covered with paper towel).

Then I put them in a dark, cool cupboard overnight and the next day they were sprouted!

I also used some of the seeds after they had soaked overnight, put in their breakfast that morning before they had sprouted, since they have a ton of nutrients at that point.
So, was the paper towel just sort of floating on top of the water?

After that first night, you just rinsed but did not leave water in right, you rinsed and drained but left a wet paper towel on top. I have not tried sprouting. But, might order this and try it.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Good questions Vicki, I wonder also.

That looks great and so very healthy!

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
All this top talk might get me to order some and try it out myself.

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Yes Vicki I drained all the water out after they soaked over night (I poured it in my plants in the bird room actually since its good for them lol), then put a paper towel over the mouth of the jar and put a rubber band around it to keep it on, then propped the jar in a bowl. the paper towel does not have to stay wet, you can also use cheese cloth.

E and Mo really like the sprouts mixed in with their oatmeal!

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Also, Totally Organics is 15% off in my store right now so it would be a good time to get a small bag to try!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I so cannot sprout anything. I don't know what I do wrong?

Jacob

Real Name
Herdis
when I sprout I let the seeds soak in water for 12 - 24 hours. Then I put them in a strainer/sieve and give them a good rinse. I keep the strainer over a bowl and then I rinse the seeds a few times over the day so they will keep moist. I don't bother with keeping them in a dark place... I usually start giving the seeds after they have been soaked, I don't wait for them to sprout. I make enough for about 3 days and keep them in the strainer and just give them a rinse every now and then, and they just continue to sprout and grow :) Things don't usually mold here since the air is rather dry.

I have been lazy though so this thread has inspired me to soak some seeds later today.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Wow, that is great. Im going to have to try that if they like them that much.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
I so cannot sprout anything. I don't know what I do wrong?
Are you letting the seeds soak enough? I know we had trouble when we weren't soaking them long enough. We don't do a mason jar, but we do a small layer of seeds on a wet coffee filter in tupperware and it works great! I have a video and article on this on my e-store website if you want a link!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sure Tamara, thanks. :)
I have purchased sprouting mixes, the strainer, soaked them for a day, rinsed them throughout the day several times, and just not much luck here.

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
i also feed all in one sprouted!! i use the EZ sproouter. i also sock in cool water for 12-24 hours (however i rinse at least once if i let it soak for over 12) then drain rinse - set on counter i drain and rinse twice a day and every other day i use ACV. by day 3 (usually when good sprouting starts to occur) i put them in the fridge it slows the sprouting down but also helps keep them from going bad

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Carole after you have rinsed them are you putting them in a dark place?

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
i also feed all in one sprouted!! i use the EZ sproouter. i also sock in cool water for 12-24 hours (however i rinse at least once if i let it soak for over 12) then drain rinse - set on counter i drain and rinse twice a day and every other day i use ACV. by day 3 (usually when good sprouting starts to occur) i put them in the fridge it slows the sprouting down but also helps keep them from going bad
Sprouting for Healthier Diets
Here you go Carole. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.