• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Top's pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Might sound silly, but I actually but buy all brands. I
Doesnt sound strange to me at all.... I currently have on hand: roudybush, tops, tropican, freeze dried, and sample bags of god knows what..... AND I FEED FRESH! lmao.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Doesnt sound strange to me at all.... I currently have on hand: roudybush, tops, tropican, freeze dried, and sample bags of god knows what..... AND I FEED FRESH! lmao.
Lol....thanks... I've had people actually see my pantry and quote... " geez you have more stuff for your birds than I do for my whole family".
I even have a separate fridge in pantry just for mostly bird stuff... And what ever I can't fit in other fridge.
I actually believe in a variety for my birds. Works well for me. That way they don't get burnt out of same things all the time. My wife and I can our own stuff, veggies and fruit from yard... My wife has a massive herb garden where we harvest and store suitable herbs and flowers for birds.
Can't wait for spring as I'm beginning to get low on the stuff.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I always have at least 3 kinds of pellets on hand even though Ripley only reliably eats one lol

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I feed Caitec Oven Fresh Bites as the staple and offer Zupreem Natural (which I prefer to soak) or Harrison's Pepper. I've offered both Goldenobles and TOPs, but my birds have turned their beaks up multiple times. I agree with @Nikomania : TOPs seems like a rabbit pellet to me.

A pellet only has value when a parrot ingests it.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I feed Caitec Oven Fresh Bites as the staple and offer Zupreem Natural (which I prefer to soak) or Harrison's Pepper. I've offered both Goldenobles and TOPs, but my birds have turned their beaks up multiple times. I agree with @Nikomania : TOPs seems like a rabbit pellet to me.

A pellet only has value when a parrot ingests it.
It was a no go with the caitec here.. not one would like it even when I made goodies with it crushed in. Thinking I need to expand my own diet and add a few crunchy treats in... but I think the pellets and caitec nuggets would be hard on my teeth if I don't soak them first. Not brave enough to eat them quite yet. Not when there's a tasty blueberry muffin in the house!

Shelli

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shelly
I like tops and it will remain a regular staple for us-but I feed a large variety of pellets. I guess there are more brands I like, than don't like. I don't care for pretty bird, kaytee and a few rando others that I can't think up off the top of my head. I prefer brands that have a history of researching the needs for exotics and a longer history of feeding exotics. Also, I like brands that specialize in avian nutrition. I also prefer a more natural type pellet, however, I'm not opposed to some fruity zupreem now and then.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Haven't tried Tops but Lurch really liked the Harrison samples we were sent when I requested them. Petco now carries Harrison's so we may try it to go with the Zupreem he seems to really like. Of course Dobby likes a lot of things that he shouldn't have, like soap so maybe he's not a good example...

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Buddy wilk not eat TOPS no way! no how! If I try to add it to sprouts or warm food he will reject all of it. Then if I try to feed it to him again (sprouts or warm) he'll more than likely reject food again, even if there are no pellets the 2nd time.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I did wonder if the same pellet was marketed for rodents. Boy... your ratties are really picky!!!!
Usually not :lol: They won't eat TOPS or Roudybush though. I'm pretty sure it's the alfalfa. They throw them in their litter box!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Usually not :lol: They won't eat TOPS or Roudybush though. I'm pretty sure it's the alfalfa. They throw them in their litter box!
Never in a million years would I have thought of alfalfa in a bird pellet. Remember when Roudybush pellets took a turn towards the more green side? My birds ate them before that change but wouldn't eat them after the change. Seems they decreased the alfalfa in those and now every body is happy again with Roudybush.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm surprised... Chewy sells Tops now. Might have been for a while but I haven't looked at Chewy for some time.

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
I have a new store here in Sweden and for the first time I can buy Top's and Harrison's from the same store.
@Eloy Would you be so kind and share the link to this store that just opened? Do they have a webshop?
(As all of the UK shops might be out of the equsion by the end of 2020 :meh:)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Of course I will. :)
But I don't know if they ship to Croatia, but their site is also in English so you can see for yourself.

They are really kind and helpful, and did ask me if their was something I missed, so I suggested Roudybosh fir them. :D

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Wow. All my budgies have been eating the Top's since day one. But now it's in a different dish in a different place and Angel is literally swimming in them. She spent the past hour rolling in them and eating them. She's refusing millet for the Top's. I don't mind, she can eat as much as she wants, I'm just going to have to set up another dish for the others. :confused:

Ulis_Beast

Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Of course I will. :)
But I don't know if they ship to Croatia, but their site is also in English so you can see for yourself.

They are really kind and helpful, and did ask me if their was something I missed, so I suggested Roudybosh fir them. :D
Thx soo much!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
She spent the past hour rolling in them and eating them. She's refusing millet for the Top's. I don't mind, she can eat as much as she wants, I'm just going to have to set up another dish for the others. :confused:
OMG! :wideyed:
You have a TPA (Top's Pellets Addict) in your house.
Get some help for her, before it's to late. Hurry! :horse2:

:p:D

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
OMG! :wideyed:
You have a TPA (Top's Pellets Addict) in your house.
Get some help for her, before it's to late. Hurry! :horse2:

:p:D
I've had a few budgies wierd out over certain foods. The most memorable was a grey male who used to do loops on string beans. I have video evidence somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.