• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

too expensive

Fhossain2009

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Fatma
im here to vent *starts crying*

I've always wanted a ringneck , they're so beautiful and i live in egypt so its really rare to find ringnecks+other specific birds

but a few weeks ago i was in alexandria (a big city in egypt) and i come across a small pet shop that had RINGNECKS i was so happy to see them in real life,

..but a pair is worth 11 thousand egyptian pounds........ :')

and i found an african grey..... its worth 8 thousand pounds :')

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Wow! I'm so sorry. How much is that in US dollars?

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
Woah! That's 6 times what I had to pay for Dora.

Fhossain2009

Real Name
Fatma
finches and parakeets are normal price, cockatiels are a bit expensive, love birds are more expensive and a pair of canaries is worth 1,000 thats the cheapest birds.

the bigger the bird the more expensive +the breed

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Sorry you saw a bird you love but did not have the funds. It happens to most of us. I figure if I don't have funds for the bird, sure would not have the funds for vet care and the rest of expenses that go with having a companion bird.

Fhossain2009

Real Name
Fatma
Sorry you saw a bird you love but did not have the funds. It happens to most of us. I figure if I don't have funds for the bird, sure would not have the funds for vet care and the rest of expenses that go with having a companion bird.
i agree with you, it was just a huge shock when the store owner told me the price :') i think my heart almost stopped when he told me how much they were

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
It is sad that the African Grey was that cheap. I read an article that a lot of the ones poached from the wild are currently going through Saudi Arabia and distributed through the middle east. :(

Fhossain2009

Real Name
Fatma
It is sad that the African Grey was that cheap. I read an article that a lot of the ones poached from the wild are currently going through Saudi Arabia and distributed through the middle east. :(
Yeah, i was surprised to find ringnecks, cuz ive never seen one in Egypt. It's really sad thinking about it.