• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Too adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
First of all Raylan is already forming words! He says "Hello" now :D Anyhow tonight he's falling asleep and mumbling words that we can't recognize yet. It's too cute! :heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:heart::heart:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart::heart: awwwwww Raylan

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww, little Raylan's going to be a talker :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Aww, little Raylan's going to be a talker :)
Oh is he ever! The breeder gave us a HUGE powder coated O stand that he loved at her house($200 in the stores!) because he loves to sit on there and look out the window talking to everything that passes by :heart: He says Hello, my husband thinks he was trying to say "apple" and "how are you yesterday as well. The kids and I were teasing my husband saying, "sure yeah right he's saying apple. I bet the next thing he's gonna do is recite the Gettysburg Address! " :lol: He really is trying to talk a lot, I'm just not sure if he's really trying to say the things my husband thinks he's hearing :D

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh is he ever! The breeder gave us a HUGE powder coated O stand that he loved at her house($200 in the stores!) because he loves to sit on there and look out the window talking to everything that passes by :heart: He says Hello, my husband thinks he was trying to say "apple" and "how are you yesterday as well. The kids and I were teasing my husband saying, "sure yeah right he's saying apple. I bet the next thing he's gonna do is recite the Gettysburg Address! " :lol: He really is trying to talk a lot, I'm just not sure if he's really trying to say the things my husband thinks he's hearing :D
He probably is trying to say those things. :) Elvis mumbles and garbles her words, but every now and then she says something clear that just knocks my socks off. Your boy will be the same, I'll bet.

She was on my knee on the couch when I was channel surfing the other day (a rare thing, because she's so beaky), and I landed on "Horton Hears a Who," the Dr. Seuss cartoon with Jim Carrey. She looked at the screen, saw Horton, and very clearly said "Elephant." And I nearly had small fit. I kept trying to get her to watch the cartoon and say more things after that, but she wouldn't. She lost interest, got a little restless, and that was that... Then, she went back to mumbling on her flyer as usual, LOL! :D

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
He probably is trying to say those things. :) Elvis mumbles and garbles her words, but every now and then she says something clear that just knocks my socks off. Your boy will be the same, I'll bet.

She was on my knee on the couch when I was channel surfing the other day (a rare thing, because she's so beaky), and I landed on "Horton Hears a Who," the Dr. Seuss cartoon with Jim Carrey. She looked at the screen, saw Horton, and very clearly said "Elephant." And I nearly had small fit. I kept trying to get her to watch the cartoon and say more things after that, but she wouldn't. She lost interest, got a little restless, and that was that... Then, she went back to mumbling on her flyer as usual, LOL! :D
That is too funny! I think I would've fallen off the sofa!

I'm amazed at his voice though! I heard that they were different sounding but he almost sounds like a little girl when he speaks. It's too freakin cute! I'm going to start another thread though as I have some questions for my macaw owning friends ;)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw when they first start trying to learn new words it is so cute!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Awwwwww :swoon:
What a sweetheart!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love when they mumble in thier sleep. Sammy does it all the time.
I'm sure Raylan will be talking very soon! Of course he will probablylearn "Shut up!". Especially when he moves to the big bird room.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Oh I'm sure Jellybean will be teaching him all sorts of fun sayings! Hopefully Emmett keeps to himself as Raylan doesn't need to learn Emmett's two favorite words(a___hole and F___er) :lol: Actually because Emmett doesn't hear those words in our house, he's said them less and less. I think it's been weeks since I've heard the F word and probably over a month since I've heard the A word :)

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
I know that isn't supposed to be funny, but I can't help myself, to hear those 2 words come out of a tiny little mouth. I had to chuckle. Sorry.

crzybrdldy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Patty
I had a finger spasm, you may end up with two posts. SORRY!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I know that isn't supposed to be funny, but I can't help myself, to hear those 2 words come out of a tiny little mouth. I had to chuckle. Sorry.
Yeah we don't laugh in front of him when he says it, but there's nothing funnier than when I take him to work with me and as soon as the guy I share an office with walks out the door he calls him an "F___er" and you just want to crack up.

Status
Not open for further replies.