• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tongue

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am actually waiting to hear back from the vet. I will update as soon as I know.
Is the vet waiting for culture results or given the covid situation are you still waiting to get an appointment?

Thank you for your concern, and sorry I missed the earlier notifications.
I understand the worry of that 1st. vet check especially when it's a new bird having problems.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Isla came to me on seeds as well, nutriberries are a god send. Good luck with everything, you guys are in my prayers!
@Miss Annamarie I would agree. I often feel like a spokesman for Lafeber :) The only seeds my bird gets are from the Lafeber products: Lafeber Nutri-Berries and Avi-Cakes. I don't like to see the homemade recipes though, they defeat the important purpose of the balanced nutriberries and cakes.

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
@Miss Annamarie I would agree. I often feel like a spokesman for Lafeber :) The only seeds my bird gets are from the Lafeber products: Lafeber Nutri-Berries and Avi-Cakes. I don't like to see the homemade recipes though, they defeat the important purpose of the balanced nutriberries and cakes.
Four of my five birds loved original Avi-Cakes right off the bat when each one came to me. The Avi-Cakes were my lifeline to helping gain each one's trust. Then one day on a whim I bought a package of the Fruit Delight Avi-Cakes, and there is no looking back. Nobody will touch the original version anymore! LOL They obliterate the Fruit Delight ones.

Still no takers on the Nutri-Berries though for my flock! Once in a while Blueberry will nibble at one, but generally they just end up on the floor. I still have to try the original version, the yellow bag, just in case.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Then one day on a whim I bought a package of the Fruit Delight Avi-Cakes, and there is no looking back. Nobody will touch the original version anymore! LOL They obliterate the Fruit Delight ones.
Same! My bird LOVES them too!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My birds like the regular Avi-cakes. I purchased the fruit ones once and no one would eat those. :(

UrbanSylvanus

Strolling the yard
I may have to try Avi-Cakes for my birds
Machi doesn't seem to like Nutri-Berries in their original form since he only touched one after I crushed it.
But also he's the type to soak his pellets in his water...he probably likes eating softer foods but I'm still willing to try with Hiyoko.

For now though, they both go bananas for (Asian) pears and mustard spinach so at least they have treats they like.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez