• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toilet paper toy!

LouieTiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabella
I saw this on Pinterest- Someone hung a roll of toilet paper in their bird’s cage. I knew my cockatoo would love it so I did the same and he’s playing with it right now! The cardboard part of the roll has no glue/adhesive on it and the toilet paper isn’t scented so it’s perfectly safe!

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Adding machine tape works well for this too (just make sure it's not thermal!)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt loves toilet paper rolls, most birds do.
He usually has one floating about somewhere and if he doesn't then he is more than happy to open my drawer and steal the roll I use for cleaning up his poops.
If he is caged then I just throw it on top of the cage for him to destroy through the bars, he has heaps of things up there to chew from on top or in the cage..... cardboard boxes, bits of broken toys, inner rolls from mums yarn, loo paper rolls, pine cones and sometimes even a carrot or something else to eat and destroy.

LouieTiel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Isabella
Burt loves toilet paper rolls, most birds do.
He usually has one floating about somewhere and if he doesn't then he is more than happy to open my drawer and steal the roll I use for cleaning up his poops.
If he is caged then I just throw it on top of the cage for him to destroy through the bars, he has heaps of things up there to chew from on top or in the cage..... cardboard boxes, bits of broken toys, inner rolls from mums yarn, loo paper rolls, pine cones and sometimes even a carrot or something else to eat and destroy.
Yeah I feel like the store bought foraging toys are great, but mine love it when I give them boxes or old toys to chew too! Everything is fun for them haha

Miss Annamarie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Adding machine tape works well for this too (just make sure it's not thermal!)
Isla adores receipt paper more than anything, so can confirm!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My conure always has a small box in his cage to chew. He likes to kick his toy balls in there and then chew a hole through the back.