• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toe nit straight?

Sanem

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sanem
Hello,
first of all, my name is Sanem and I live in Germany so English is my 3. language, sorry if I don‘t write grammatical correctly.
I have 3 Quaker-Babys. They are about 4 weeks old and I‘m hand feeding them. I noticed, that one of them has got a toe that is not straight. Maybe it happened by ringing him/her. In Germany parrots need to get a ring on ther leg for identification. I want to know if I need to go to the vet with the baby. The next vet who knows good about birds is very far away and I don‘t want him/her to be in the car for so long. On the picture it‘s the left, yellow one. Sorry for my English again, thank you very much☺ Greetings

Attachments

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Has it been like that since he/she hatched? Or is is new? If they got it when they were getting banded, it could be broken. Is the chick in pain or does it favour that foot?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It looks broken. If the bird is not showing signs of pain, the break could have healed.
With things like this, the quicker you get it attended, the better the chance of fixing it. Could you email the photos to the vet and confer?

Reactions: tka

Sanem

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sanem
I have the birds since 20.march21. I don‘t know when it exactly happened. Just saw it after I brought them home. The breeder said it must be happened at the banding of the baby. He/she is eating very well. Wehen I bought them, he/she was the smallest, the breeder said it‘s the youngest one. I give them food 4 times a day, 10% of their weight. At night they don‘t eat all of it, just maybe the half. It does not look like he/she is in pain. I get her/him on my finger to see if she/he could handle it, but she stood there pretty well. Maybe I could try it with email. Thanks☺