• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Toe nail got hurt, do I need to do anything?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You need to make sure that the bleeding has stopped. You can use cornstarch and then put pressure on the area. The important thing is to get the bleeding to stop. If it just some clotted blood on the end of the nail you are OK. You may want to get some Kiwk Stop just in case this happens again in the future. I've used both cornstarch and Kwik Stop and the Kwik Stop generally works better and faster. If the bleeding has stopped keep monitoring to make sure it doesn't start bleeding again. I do see a small crack...Is that what you are referring to?

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
You need to make sure that the bleeding has stopped. You can use cornstarch and then put pressure on the area. The important thing is to get the bleeding to stop. If it just some clotted blood on the end of the nail you are OK. You may want to get some Kiwk Stop just in case this happens again in the future. I've used both cornstarch and Kwik Stop and the Kwik Stop generally works better and faster. If the bleeding has stopped keep monitoring to make sure it doesn't start bleeding again. I do see a small crack...Is that what you are referring to?
Yeah, it's pretty small.
I haven't had any fresh blood. Just looked like it's in the end of the nail.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
BTW, do you know how this happened? Did the nail get caught on something? Check the cage and all toys to make sure there are no issues.