• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Today's Chop

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
My chop game has really improved over the years. It used to be mushy, but I've got it down now! I also have some frozen acorn squash and jalapenos that I will throw in.

16510777258931053780106341989193.jpg IMG_20220427_113434632.jpg IMG_20220427_113426797.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
looks awesome!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks great! I need to try blanching the veggies because whenI freeze my chop it turns to mush :facepalm:

I love that tray! Is that a silicone freezer or baking tray that you are using?

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Looks great! I need to try blanching the veggies because whenI freeze my chop it turns to mush :facepalm:

I love that tray! Is that a silicone freezer or baking tray that you are using?
Silicone. I use multiple different kinds. My biggest tip is any peppers need to be hand chopped or very lightly processed. They make the chop very wet.

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
I made my first batch of chop the other day and also put into silicone muffin and mini loaf pans.

I did run my peppers through the processor. It was a bit wet but wasn't sure what contributed. Thanks for the tip!

I ended up sprinkling chia seeds and mixing it up to absorb the extra moisture.

I mixed the chop half and half with mashed sweet potato as I'm just now beginning diet conversion. I think it's going well! I noticed they at least flung it all over, so they tasted it! And also it's on the perch where they eat from rubbing their beaks.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I made my first batch of chop the other day and also put into silicone muffin and mini loaf pans.

I did run my peppers through the processor. It was a bit wet but wasn't sure what contributed. Thanks for the tip!

I ended up sprinkling chia seeds and mixing it up to absorb the extra moisture.

I mixed the chop half and half with mashed sweet potato as I'm just now beginning diet conversion. I think it's going well! I noticed they at least flung it all over, so they tasted it! And also it's on the perch where they eat from rubbing their beaks.
IMG_20220427_105858797.jpg

QB1rd

Jogging around the block
Silicone. I use multiple different kinds. My biggest tip is any peppers need to be hand chopped or very lightly processed. They make the chop very wet.
That's a really good tip. Thanks, @scrape!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Lookin good ;)