• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Today is the day!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
WOW. That was fast. I wouldn't have expected that for at least 2-3 weeks and maybe months.

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
WOW. That was fast. I wouldn't have expected that for at least 2-3 weeks and maybe months.
He was actually just using me :loltears: he flew off his cage and onto the floor so I went over and picked him up. I held him for a little bit and then put him on his stand and he immediately flew back to his cage and ran inside

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
He is doing very well eating his fresh food. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and stop giving him pellets but worried that he isnt ready for it! I would feel better if I could weigh him but I cant touch him yet. Unless of course he flies onto the floor.. then he graciously permits me to pick him up haha last night it happened and I held him for a bit and then put him on his play stand. He looked like he wanted to get to his cage so I put my arm up to see if he would step up so I could take him. He put one foot on my arm and then I guess realized what he had done and quickly stepped back off and scooted away :lol: still a little progress! I also need a new perch for his food bowl.. I have no idea why my brain decided to put a pedi perch there..when he decides to come out today I'm going to switch it out for a grapevine perch. I originally put the grapevine perch in the top corner as a sleeping perch, but he prefers the rope perch that goes across the top.

Attachments

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I managed to get a slow motion video of him flying but I cant post it!

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I managed to get a slow motion video of him flying but I cant post it!
There are two ways. One is to use YouTube and the other is Instagram. I've used both just to get them here. I'm terrible about tech...still. The ig will embed like a photo, it's kinda nice.

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
There are two ways. One is to use YouTube and the other is Instagram. I've used both just to get them here. I'm terrible about tech...still. The ig will embed like a photo, it's kinda nice.
I'm also terrible with tech haha I don't have Instagram and the only thing I've done on YouTube is look up videos

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I'm also terrible with tech haha I don't have Instagram and the only thing I've done on YouTube is look up videos
I made a YouTube account just for my posts here! I have had ig for a couple of years, but I still don't really understand how it works or how to use it. The most ridiculous thing is that I have little videos for certain reasons, but they don't make any sense without context, so whoever is following me probably thinks I'm a little off and really bad at talking video.... Both are true, but I don't bother adding any evidence to the contrary to ig or YouTube with normal stuff. :laughin:

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Got a little something....everywhere, Pascal!

reffek94

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Got a little something....everywhere, Pascal!
Dont worry, he will fling it all over the walls and wipe it on the most difficult places to clean :loltears: I've never had a bird that was so messy! If I had a dollar for every time my husband says "how did he get food over THERE?" I would have another eclectus already :lol:

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I feel your pain! And the beak wiped stuff is like concrete. I used a wire brush on her ropes and boings before I got them wet at all... It was much better than trying it wet first!

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
I feed seasonally often- mid summer- 'berry season'..... looks like a Jackson pollock painting in my house!