• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tobias sure loves his veggies!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He’s such a good boy when it comes to eating his veggies,he starts squealing when he sees them coming and can’t wait to dive in.
He’s in his Kings aluminum travel cage aka his baby cage because he hurt his right leg playing too rough in his big boy cage cause he’s a wild man so he’s on strict cage rest for a few days and already I’m seeing improvement I’m happy to say.
But the point of the thread is these messy beak pics! Not the greatest cause I can’t open the door since he’s gonna fly out to get to me for playtime but y’all get the idea,lol.

9DC553D1-569E-4D00-93F4-F649F49B42DF.jpeg 99F59B63-21BB-4834-B279-FCA290C3E19D.jpeg
F1585567-CEAF-485E-8DE9-8E4FF5EDC0CB.jpeg

Last edited:

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
Sooo cute! Look at that precious face. :xflove:
I wish Oscar would be that ecstatic about eating his greens! :lol:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sooo cute! Look at that precious face. :xflove:
I wish Oscar would be that ecstatic about eating his greens! :lol:
Oh man I know! I walked by and said out loud omg look how cute you look! I'm so lucky that his breeder was great about giving him fresh veggies from day one he couldn't wait to get them.

Lucky!! Come show Ripley! :lol:
Lol,I certainly feel your pain. I know you'll recall my sorrows that Nala would never eat so much as a single peice of corn or anything remotely fresh/healthy that wasnt a pellet but thank goodness she inhaled her Harrisons at least if she wouldn't eat fresh she had one of the best pellets out there as her staple.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good boy Tobias and get well soon take it easy until that leg gets better.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good boy Tobias and get well soon take it easy until that leg gets better.
I was so worried about him,I was certain it was just a soft tissue injury though I didnt see what happened I just noticed that when he was on my shoulder he had intermittent weakness in his right leg and was listing to the right and stumbling some when on my bed but in the cage he was as swift and wild as ever so unless I had been watching him like a Hawk like I always do with my birds I wouldn't have known there was a problem.
I gave it a day to see if it would resolve on its own since he had done this with his left leg 2 weeks ago and that one I saw with my own eyes he jumped from a higher perch aiming for a lower one and landed awkwardly thankfully that resolved within 2 days and never had an issue again but he never had weakness when that happened he literally only held it up for less than 30 secs and had the slightest of hitches in his step every once in awhile like it was tender but by the next day he was absolutely fine. This go round by day 2 it wasn't worse but it wasn't better so off to work we went both my vets agreed it was likely just a minor soft tissue injury and since he didn't seem at all bothered by it he was tearing around his cage and hanging by 1 toe on that foot playing,running ect with no problems only on soft unable surfaces did it show when he would run and trip but then he'd get right back up and run some more. He's been in the cage since Sunday and there is wonderful improvement already I'll keep him in there a few more days for the optimum chance of healing then I'll slowly try him back in his big cage.
I love that he's so active and playful but unfortunately when your a crazy boy you get owies. I'm just thankful it wasn't a fracture or something worse than a minor strain,your giving me gray hairs Tobias and its been barely a month since you've been home ! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hopefully the little fella will be back in his big house soon.
And will take things a little easier and if not will be a bit more carefull.