• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Tobias loves his Pine Palooza!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just put it in the day before yesterday and that night he'd already taken all the sola off of one arm and done several chips its the hardest/biggest wood he's chipped yet so proud of him!
It was hard to get a pic of him playing with it because as soon as I come near he jumps off and runs to me because he wants out,lol. But here is an out of focus but no less cute pic of him loving his toy,thanks Sarah for these lovely fun toys!
Tobias on Pine Polooza.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He certainly looks pleased with it! :)

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just put it in the day before yesterday and that night he'd already taken all the sola off of one arm and done several chips its the hardest/biggest wood he's chipped yet so proud of him!
It was hard to get a pic of him playing with it because as soon as I come near he jumps off and runs to me because he wants out,lol. But here is an out of focus but no less cute pic of him loving his toy,thanks Sarah for these lovely fun toys!
View attachment 395035
Thats excelent i have just messaged Sarah about making another order :)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@April That's my cutie picture right?
Haha I'm trying so hard to get a better picture for the site but he just wont co operate,lol. I want a crisp beautiful one for you but that maybe the best that can happen.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks like one of the toys from the most recent SN toy box we received. Gave that to Ricky. He loved it but thin pine much too easy for him to destroy and toy gone quickly. :(;)

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks like one of the toys from the most recent SN toy box we received. Gave that to Ricky. He loved it but thin pine much too easy for him to destroy and toy gone quickly. :(;)
Ricky's one of your Red Bellies right? Also its great to see that your still on here! I dont know if you remember me cause I was gone for a few years but I had Nala the Green Cheek. I always loved hearing about your flock. Hows Mulder and Scully!? :heart:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ricky's one of your Red Bellies right? Also its great to see that your still on here! I dont know if you remember me cause I was gone for a few years but I had Nala the Green Cheek. I always loved hearing about your flock. Hows Mulder and Scully!? :heart:
Yes, Ricky is a red-bellied parrot and he's the dad of my other red-bellies except for Lucy. Mulder & Scully are doing OK. Thanks for asking.
BTW, Tobias is cute. Sounds like he has a lot of personality.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww Ricky :heart: he's had many wonderful children then,I always loved hearing about your entire flock but Mulder and Scully always had my :heart:.
Thank you! He is such an adorable sweetie,he's a bit more fussy now that he's getting older(Only 6 months vs 5) but he's already growing up and maturing and letting me know how he feels. He's still sweet and gentle but now when he doesn't feel like stepping up he gets all puffy and struts but still hasn't tried to bite me yet. He's a character alright thats for sure,he makes me laugh every day.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Older...6 months. :D He's just a baby. :) It's great that things are going well with him.
Scully is a brat. He bit me quite badly when I was medicating him a few weeks ago. He tries to
get out of taking his medication by hiding under things or hanging upside down from the top of the cage.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Older...6 months. :D He's just a baby. :) It's great that things are going well with him.
Scully is a brat. He bit me quite badly when I was medicating him a few weeks ago. He tries to
get out of taking his medication by hiding under things or hanging upside down from the top of the cage.
Aw no Scully that's not nice to do that to your momma. What was he being medicated for?
I was worried I'd have to medicate Tobias since he hurt his leg the other day not that I think he'd be that bad but who ever knows of course but I just get paranoid that I'm gonna shoot the meds down wrong ect even though I medicated Nala for 3 years and thankfully never had an issue but still not my idea of a good time ;)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good that you didn't have to medicate Tobias. How is his foot? What were you medicating Nala for?
Scully has elevated uric acid and gets allopurinol daily to control that and
keep the uric acid level within the normal range. He also gets vetri-DMG
as a supplement but not daily.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good that you didn't have to medicate Tobias. How is his foot? What were you medicating Nala for?
Scully has elevated uric acid and gets allopurinol daily to control that and
keep the uric acid level within the normal range. He also gets vetri-DMG
as a supplement but not daily.
He foot/leg is doing so much better thanks for asking! I'm still going to keep him in the small cage until the weekend probably so I can be home to keep an eye on him to make sure he's ok being back in his flight cage. Unfortunately Nala passed away back in '18 from unknown heart disease but she had been on Ursidol and milk thistle for 3 years to help control her fatty liver disease and the levels had gone down considerable and been staying stable before her passing. She was so easy to medicate I was very lucky indeed.
Sorry to hear that Scully has issues with his uric acid levels that great that the meds are keeping them in the normal range.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wish I could put two different "emojis" on your post. Sorry about Nala.
Good that Tobias' foot/leg is better. Good idea on your part to keep him in the smaller cage for now.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you,its still hard to believe she's gone. She was my whole world and its dimmer with her gone. I'm very thankful that it seems to be on the mend now,I'm always a worrier anyway just having a parrot in general because of course so many things can happen but when there is actually a problem the stress in unreal.