• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tobias is here!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It feels like an absolute dream! Finally after researching and yearning for a CBC for 12 years! my dream finally came true this morning. We had to drive about 4 hours total back and forth to get him but it was so worth it. He's everything id hoped for in my baby. From the moment the breeder put him in my travel cage he was inquisitive and sweet. He let me gently touch his feet and rub his chest through the bars with no fear or anger. He perched on my finger that I stuck in the bars of the door and nibbled on it so gently and was so happy to be touching me. He's been so quiet just sweet whispers and mumbles and the one alarm call he did when someone walked by the window wasn't even that bad.
He's played with a few of his toys and taken a chunk out of his pine platform perch,lol. and the snuggles and tameness is better than I could have hoped from the moment I opened that cage door he flew onto my shoulder and started preening my face and eye lashes sooooo gently!
He has a habit of chewing my shirt which I'm gently discouraging with a firm no and handing him a sola foot toy instead but he already seems to be getting the idea. He beak grinded on my shoulder for about 30 mins than slept for about 10 before he was ready to play again. I've been making sure to put him in his cage as hard as it is for varying times so he knows that he wont always be able to be out with me and so far so good. Its pathetically adorable how he runs along the bottom of the cage staring at me but I calmly tell him easy Tobias your ok and he's slowly getting the idea that its not something to freak out about. I couldn't be more thrilled that he already wants to spend so much time with me but I know i have to get a handle on it young so he wont turn into a screamer inside the cage. Its stuffed full of toys and perches so plenty to keep him occupied when he's in there.

I wish I had pics to share but I'm using someone else's laptop and they aren't on here but I promise I will try to get them on here to share soon! I'm just so incredibly grateful to his amazing breeder for raising him with such love and care and helping my dream to finally at long last come true!
@camelotshadow

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
He sounds wonderfully adorable! :swoon: Congratulations :loveshower:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yay!! Welcome home to your new spoiled life!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Little cutie! :cloud9:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I am so happy for you. :xflove: What a sweet baby.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:bliss::loveshower::yahoo:What an cute baby. Yeah that's a typical handsome crimson belly. They have a air of sophistication about them.
Sounds like a doll!!! You are very fortunate.
They don;t get the red bellies til close to 1 years old maybe 9 plus mo. Has alot of red above the beak...Very nice looking CBC!:congrats5:

May I ask what state or breeder if you don't mind?

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:bliss::loveshower::yahoo:What an cute baby. Yeah that's a typical handsome crimson belly. They have a air of sophistication about them.
Sounds like a doll!!! You are very fortunate.
They don;t get the red bellies til close to 1 years old maybe 9 plus mo. Has alot of red above the beak...Very nice looking CBC!:congrats5:

May I ask what state or breeder if you don't mind?
I can't get over how handsome he is! So much more stunning in person. He's from Jadie's Birdnest (jadiesbirdnest.com) Christine is so sweet and has been so wonderful through this whole process. She kept me up to date with pics and always got back to me if I texted a question. I know Ive only had him less than a day but I cant say enough good things about her. I'm so grateful to have found such an amazing breeder I never thought this day would come. Special thanks to @webchirp for recommending her to me,Im forever grateful. If you have FB @camelotshadow I recommend you follow her she posts pretty regularly babies for sale and just ones to share the cuteness that aren't for sale.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Another TX boy! :cool:

Rio was bred from Tx bird lady;s pair after she sold them to I think a man. I just wonder if somehow they are related?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is gorgous April

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on your new addition!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Good Luck with him.

Heres are 2 of the 3 young CBC I missed out on.

The first one sold it by paypal after age told me she would not accept paypal & I had to send her a money order.

The last one was its clutchmate that at one time he wanted to rehome sp I considered but he changed his mind.
A sort while later I heard the bird had died. Don't know why bit in hindsight since they were a clutchmates maybe its best I did not get either of them.

3rd was a stunted one raised from an egg by incubator so had been handfed from day 1. He was so very small & undersized. Just did not think he would ever catch up so in the end I passed. Can;t find that birds photo. Its somewher & sure its posted in AA but can;t find the thread.

A month later I found Rio in TX a foster & it took me 2 months to decide on him as he did not step up & I had my heart set on a cuddly malleable baby that would be very friendly. Luckily no one else wanted him so chose Rio. I am happy with my choice. He;s a ood bird & we get along. He is not a hands on affectionate bird but he does show his affection in subtle ways & for the most part is not demanding for my attention so that makes it easy to live with him.

Have fun with new new baby but don't spoil him. They need to be able to get along with some independence & entertain themselves
or that can lead to behavior issues such as screaming etc. They are imo quiet birds when they are content of course. LOL

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
:heart:
:congrats5:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good Luck with him.

Heres are 2 of the 3 young CBC I missed out on.

The first one sold it by paypal after age told me she would not accept paypal & I had to send her a money order.

The last one was its clutchmate that at one time he wanted to rehome sp I considered but he changed his mind.
A sort while later I heard the bird had died. Don't know why bit in hindsight since they were a clutchmates maybe its best I did not get either of them.

3rd was a stunted one raised from an egg by incubator so had been handfed from day 1. He was so very small & undersized. Just did not think he would ever catch up so in the end I passed. Can;t find that birds photo. Its somewher & sure its posted in AA but can;t find the thread.

A month later I found Rio in TX a foster & it took me 2 months to decide on him as he did not step up & I had my heart set on a cuddly malleable baby that would be very friendly. Luckily no one else wanted him so chose Rio. I am happy with my choice. He;s a ood bird & we get along. He is not a hands on affectionate bird but he does show his affection in subtle ways & for the most part is not demanding for my attention so that makes it easy to live with him.

Have fun with new new baby but don't spoil him. They need to be able to get along with some independence & entertain themselves
or that can lead to behavior issues such as screaming etc. They are imo quiet birds when they are content of course. LOL
Oh gosh you really got put through the ringer when it came to trying to get a baby. That is a tad unfortune that Rio wasnt the snuggly babe you'd hoped for but I am glad that yall have an understanding and that he has a happy loving home with you.
Oh no worries there, as much as I desperately want to just snuggle and play with him all day I want a quiet independent when needed bird much more. Iv had good luck with that when I got Zazu at 3 months old she was my first ever baby Id only had adult rehomes before and I was so worried that I would mess her up and have a horrible cage hating screamer on my hands but she ended up being really good at independent play for the most part. So I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to do the same with Tobias. He certainly wants out a lot after I put him up and he doesn't like going into the cage he keeps flying at me and trying to run up my arm before I can close the door but once I get him inside but I just calmly tell him easy Tobias your ok and ignore him for the most part so he doesn't get a reaction and feed off of it. Its been harder since some of the time he's yelling while he does it but I'm sitting literally 2 feet from him and talking softly to him so he can still see me and know I'm there for him.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a beautiful baby, and he sounds like such a sweetheart!! Congratulations!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tobias's first night went well,I did a gradual night night by dimming the lights and softly saying night night. He screamed for about 2 mins but than he was perfectly fine the rest of the night and slept well and peacefully when I turned the lights on this morning I saw that he had slept on his food bowl. Hopefully as he gets more settled he's gonna chose a perch but I'd still rather the bowl than the cage floor! He has found his voice now though lol! I knew that couldn't last forever now I will admit I dont "love" his yelling but thankfully its lower pitched than Zazu my Green Cheeks was so my ears definitely appreciate that. The main vocalization is when he wants out of the cage but I'm making sure to teach him that if he yells he doesn't get to come out and that he will have to spend time in the cage even if he'd rather be with me. Which I love! but I've got to stay strong and help him to become a well adjusted happy quiet little guy to make both of our lives together happier and better in the long run.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations