• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

To quarantine, can I move other birds?

PtsOliver

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Oliver
I recently got two new Cockatiels. They are currently in my room with my parakeet. The only other room in our house that the cats can't get in is my brother's. The problem is that he doesn't have room for the standing flight cage the Cockatiels have. He can fit the cage with my parakeet though. It's nearly the same size, but it's a tabletop cage so easier for him to store. Would it be okay for me to move my other bird to quarantine, or would that not work?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
If you have already exposed your parakeets to the new cockatiels there is no point in putting the cockatiels into quarantine.

PtsOliver

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Oliver
Because the birds have both been in your room the quarentine is broken, so it wouldn't make sense to move the Tiel now.
Alright, I've seen some posts where it says that you should still quarantine asap. They've only been there for a couple of days. Should I get them all checked at the vet's then?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Oliver! 1.welcome signs.gif

As said, quarantine is broken. Schedule a vet check up for the ´Tiels to get them checked out and hope you are lucky and they are disease free.
They would have needed the vet check anyway while in quarantine.
I would not let them physically interact though until you get the all clear.