• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

to or not to take in a miserable craigslist bird

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Craigslist and Hoobly are my downfall and we've gotten several birds from these sites. Most of them are really sweet. We drove from Madison, WI to some place in Arkansas to pick up a Slender Billed Cockatoo and a Bare Eyed about four years ago. That is how we ended up with Houdini, the wild caught SB2 who now lives in my living room cage free. We decided he needed a friend, so we flew out to California to pick up a female SB2, Abby (she calls herself White Bird) and they couldn't be happier. The Bare Eyed that came with him, Mickey, was too much for me. He was also wild caught. I found a really good home for him with someone who does rescue in MN. She is a Cockatoo whisperer and kept him in her personal flock and he is doing really well.

barbs0nly

Walking the driveway
Real Name
lilly
Craigslist and Hoobly are my downfall and we've gotten several birds from these sites. Most of them are really sweet. We drove from Madison, WI to some place in Arkansas to pick up a Slender Billed Cockatoo and a Bare Eyed about four years ago. That is how we ended up with Houdini, the wild caught SB2 who now lives in my living room cage free. We decided he needed a friend, so we flew out to California to pick up a female SB2, Abby (she calls herself White Bird) and they couldn't be happier. The Bare Eyed that came with him, Mickey, was too much for me. He was also wild caught. I found a really good home for him with someone who does rescue in MN. She is a Cockatoo whisperer and kept him in her personal flock and he is doing really well.
ugh i’m so glad it worked out for you. ur flock seems wonderful!!