• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

TO CLIP? -- Flightless bird. Controversy. Honest feedback. Advice. Practicality.

erineliot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erin Eliot
Okay, thank you. I didn't know they could do that. I just went and ordered one off Amazon. Should be here in two days. Prime! It had a hamster in the photo, but I measured and it should be a good size, definitely not a size for a hamster. But they unfortunately only had pink; I wanted green. Seems like for $58 I could choose a different color! Oh, well. Henri will look cute on a pink bicycle nonetheless.
Alright, so this attached post was all just an elaborate fabrication in an effort to be silly. I WAS going to just get one good reaction in before fessing up. But once I was all caught up with reading my replies, I scrolled back up to make sure I didn't miss anything. That's when I realized that the photo of a bird on a bike was actually a video! So the bike was not just a photo prop, then, I see. And here I am attempting a joke on the premise that birds can't actually ride bikes, but apparently, they can! Why am I even supposed to see this? Though that might be worth that $58.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
You explained everything very well. Thank you!

Nevertheless, I must know... Where can I follow your aviary post updates?! I traveled to your profile in attempt to find the thread, but there were so many postings! I ask because my wife has been dreaming of building Henri an outdoor aviary months before we got her, haha. She has so many ideas, and yet I wouldn't know where to begin!
Here you go:

I should post another aviary update one of these days. Life has been so busy lately.

erineliot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erin Eliot
Here you go:

I should post another aviary update one of these days. Life has been so busy lately.
Thanks!

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
Oh, gotcha. Yeah, haha.

And I figured! It's inspiring! I want to do one, too!
I was not having a bad day, BUT a pudgy bird is welcome anytime!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Funny, I can't figure out reading this whether it's my hope or my fret that my vet has mastered the "perfect clip.":rpg6:
HahaHa. I suppose there is not perfect clip as in any clip that prevents flight couldn't possibly be perfect. But I assure you a good clip done right is preferable to a bad clip. I know how to clip flight feathers and it's definitely not one size fits all. That being said. I no longer clip birds. I don't clip my birds, I don't clip babies for customers and try to help anyone who wants to listen "see the light". LOL!

I have never had a bird like Henri who was deprived of flight and keep in a little cage so long so but I can see how that would require special consideration.

erineliot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Erin Eliot
HahaHa. I suppose there is not perfect clip as in any clip that prevents flight couldn't possibly be perfect. But I assure you a good clip done right is preferable to a bad clip. I know how to clip flight feathers and it's definitely not one size fits all. That being said. I no longer clip birds. I don't clip my birds, I don't clip babies for customers and try to help anyone who wants to listen "see the light". LOL!

I have never had a bird like Henri who was deprived of flight and keep in a little cage so long so but I can see how that would require special consideration.
I agree. The "special consideration" I'm mulling over right now, which I have and failed in the past, is to find a SAFE, comfortable leash for Henri. Maybe that's a bad idea. But in my head right now it could really help, like how a kite has strings.