• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

to buy a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Like I said, I'm a Mac person, but .....

They are pricey, and not everyone can, or wants to, spend that kind of money on an "extra" computer.

You could almost buy 4 Dell laptops for the price of one MacBook Pro .. lol .. so Mac's aren't always the way to go, depending on your needs.

I'm actually looking at getting a Dell Netbook, and dual booting it with Mac
Snow Leopard and Windows 7 .. lol .. a Mini Mac Netbook, for under $300 ..

I don't have a laptop .. as I don't really travel much .. so a Netbook is perfect for those times when I just want internet access when I'm bored .. lol .. waiting at the doctors office .. chilling at Starbucks .. sitting at the pool in summer ..

Yea .. cause with 7 birds .. I have PLENTY of "nothing to do" time .. :rofl:

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
If you check out the website bfads.net (there a black friday deal watching site) they have laptop buying guides that help you decide what models could work well for you. At least they did a month or two ago :)

There independent and all so its helpful stuff.;)

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I like Dell, I have one and have had it for 5 years and still running great. When something happened if you couldn't fix it with them on phone and they would test things also wil on phone. After that they would send someone over your house to fix it. My son got an HP on line and he had alot of problems with it and the help was really bad. I will get another Dell if I have to:)

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I know zilch all about computers of any kind as many of you will have picked up since knowing me!
However my son is an IT technician and very good at his job. Keeping in mind he works from a lap top at home, his views are:
Whatever laptop you buy it has a life of so long.
They are definately not as efficient as a normal computer, but do fill a need.
As long as you remember they do have a very short life in comparison to a normal computer.
If you take that on board then you can make your own mind up.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.