• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tired lovebird. Sick?

ZuZu_24

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Zuha
Hi all,
Nebula has shown signs of being tired and exhausted. In the 8 months, I've had him, he's never acted like this before. I'm panicking. I took him out on his perch and he fell asleep almost immediately, His eyes are drooping but he is still reacting to objects. His chirping is very quiet. He's fluffed up and letting me touch him when he has never before. He also refuses to go back to his cage and he's cuddling with me and falling asleep on me. He's stopped biting and his poop has white liquid around it. Some pieces of poop are also sticking to his tail. He hasn't shown signs like this at all until this afternoon. Please give me advice on what to do.
1620818189164.png
He's never fallen asleep so quickly, out his cage before.

Muna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Muna
Nebula get well little one ASAP :sadhug2:

I remember you @ZuZu_24 posting about the lovebird that you have found outside wandering all alone. Have you ever get the chance to get him checked with the vet?

Nebula might have caught something from the lovebird. I hope I am wrong but for safety measures he needs to be checked.

ZuZu_24

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Zuha
Nebula get well little one ASAP :sadhug2:

I remember you @ZuZu_24 posting about the lovebird that you have found outside wandering all alone. Have you ever get the chance to get him checked with the vet?

Nebula might have caught something from the lovebird. I hope I am wrong but for safety measures, he needs to be checked.
I hadn't yet taken them to the vet but I scheduled an appointment today so hopefully, he won't have anything severe. Thank you.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope all goes well at the vet and they can figure out what is going on.

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Sending prayers for poor little Nebula! :sadhug2:I hope he gets better soon!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope all will be well with Nebula. Good that you made a vet appt.

ZuZu_24

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Zuha
I took Nebula to the vet and found out that he has pneumonia. He already has a severe lung infection so it hit him first before the others. The vet recommended taking him out of any ac spots and he now has to take medicine for 10 days. Thankfully it's not worse.
Thank you all :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope he gets better soon.