• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Time to bottle up the dandelion wine! Everything goes smoothly till you get to the cork!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Well made use of the billions of dandelions in the yard in spring!! Made wine!!
Many moons ago, my sister made some, was awesome wine! So decided to do it some 20 years later.
Everything so far has gone smoothly, strained twice, had a sip...whooo hoo...doing backward flip!! ( which isn't easy to do at my age). Tell ya what, it's dry and guaranteed to knock your hind end in the dirt!!!
Then came trying to get cork in bottle!! That's not Damn easy!!! There's got to be a better way!
Friend of mine said you gotta soak your cork.
Huh?? Rrrriiiiggghhhhhhhttttt!
Sent me a video from Saturday nite live on how to do it....about fell out of my chair laughing!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:laughing6:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Ooo now I wanna know what it tastes like.
semi Dry to Dry, not sweet per se, very flowery. Nice clear yellow glow to it... Nice !
The real work in making dandelion wine is not collecting the dandelions. It’s in splitting apart the dandelions and removing the green leaves from each blossom. The green leaves have a milky sap that will ruin the taste of dandelion wine, and a good batch only uses the petals.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Dandelion is one of nature's overlooked secrets.
The entire plant is edible. And has tremendous healing properties. You can drink it as tea, preferably cold press. Meaning let it soak in cool water not hot. Hot takes away the flavor.I
It's great for birds as well, has great detoxification for birds.