• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Time for us to celebrate

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
My flock is officially a squadron. Both Tau and Roger can fly competently enough to get to where they want safely, turning and climbing as required.
To recap. Tau came to me 10 months ago as a potential fledgling. If his flight feathers hadn't been so damaged I wouldn't have had to tidy them and he would probably have been flying within a couple of weeks of arriving.
Roger arrived about 2 months ago with a wing heavily clipped. I don't know his flight history but I've been assuming he was clipped after fledging. This may well be a fact as he has quickly mastered the turns and nailed his first landing.
We still have a way to go. We have to build them muscles and get fit again. The mood has lifted, both birbs seem happier to be around me, I assume because they know they can get away with just a couple of wing beats now. We'll start work on their taming proper tomorrow.
Anyway, that's it for now. We're ready for action and pigging out with 30 minutes of millet time (I'll have a beer later).

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That's so great to hear. Happy for the little fellows; sure they feel a lot happier and a lot more at ease now! Congrats to all three of you! :dance4::laughing12:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Fantastic news!!! I´m so happy for all of you! ❤ :starshower1:

Dona