• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tile?

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
The floor is all done and we love it.:heart2: We still have to get the appliances back in their proper homes and do a bit of cleanup. The boys will be very happy to be able to get out of their room later today! :xflove: Thank you all for the ideas we were ready to go with fans and all. I even had a back up plan to move the boys out of the house if we had to. It was nice that the company had a good system already in place to keep everyone safe.

7F6819F9-DC3E-410A-B97B-9616FC7EB86B.jpeg 7FB2CD21-0B93-4C89-BABF-B4E110B35F46.jpeg 38883BA9-DB58-4DFE-B416-354D282B5ADA.jpeg A1AE3AA9-EF13-440D-9751-3DA0E2DD1726.jpeg

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Teckechick

Yes, I believe her birds were home @ install.

The issue w/ any new flooring & our floof's is the VOC's that gas off while installing & after. IF I remember this thread correctly, the installers, carefully taped & plastic tarped so these gasses did NOT get to her birds.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
did your birds live in the house during the tile work? Do fumes from thinset or grout kill pet birds.?
@Teckechick

Yes, I believe her birds were home @ install.

The issue w/ any new flooring & our floof's is the VOC's that gas off while installing & after. IF I remember this thread correctly, the installers, carefully taped & plastic tarped so these gasses did NOT get to her birds.
Yes you are correct, my birds were home. The company did a great job of sealing the area off. They had a machine (can’t remember the name) that they hooked up to my kitchen window to suck the air out after sealing the area off. My birds were also a few rooms away, with a shut door and their Rabbit on High. I was very impressed with the way the company handled the air quality concerns I had!!!

Joe Henderson

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joe Henderson
Wow they sealed. Off. The area and. Had the right fan filter? It’s not Easy to find professionals.. I was. Thinking is there any way to put a new floor down that’s 100% non toxic to smell and safe.