• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tikki and Chipper

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
So glad all is going well now. You did good!!!
I think she did too! Quick response and readiness, you can't get better than that.

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
Thanks, guys! They're so special to me, it's worth taking the time to be prepared and listening to my husband's grumbling about the cost of an emergency visit! Lol

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Oh no, it's not your fault, accidents happen in split seconds. I'm glad @EkkieLu was on the phone with you, thank you @EkkieLu she was doing what I did for her the night Angel got hurt. It means so much to have bird buddy to be a comfort.
I hope that Tikki heals quickly. Poor little buddy. Latches can be stinkers to make sure they are shut. Sweet Pea got out because I always tell my babies goodbye before I leave the house. My jacket snagged the latch as I left. She wasn't in her cage when I got home. She was scared and in silent mode when I found her hanging on picture in living room. I scooped her up, no boo boos thank god. Now I tell Bebe good bye before I get my winter jacket on. Safer that way.
Feel better little one Chipper didn't mean it.
Exactly! Pay it forward everyone!!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad Tikki is okay. That's one of my biggest fears and honestly one of the reasons I hesitated about adopting Scooter. Accidents can happen so fast. Don't blame yourself.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Still no chirps or anything from Tikki, but he's setting his foot down today. He isn't curling his toes, so I've checked them ten thousand times today to make sure they're still pink and healthy looking. I set up a follow up visit with his normal vet on Friday, just in case he isn't improving much. I think I'll try to grab him tomorrow and take a peek, it's so hard to see how it's doing since he hides it so well and never holds still! I just hate stressing him out, he already gets mad twice a day when it's medicine time.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Tikki got to come out and stretch his wings today, the first time in 4 days. He did so well, and was singing and talking by the end! Tootie was happy to have his buddy back too! Tikki perched on my finger and I could see his swelling is gone, and he's got a big black scab. I'm proud of him!

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Tikki got to come out and stretch his wings today, the first time in 4 days. He did so well, and was singing and talking by the end! Tootie was happy to have his buddy back too! Tikki perched on my finger and I could see his swelling is gone, and he's got a big black scab. I'm proud of him!
Yessss!!!! Go Tikki!!!!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
:starshower1::yah::starshower1: