• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tiki's Wild N Crazy Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jacqi
Okay, warning. This is bound to sound ridiculous...

Last night...when I was cleaning Tiki's cage...I found...

:dancing:HER FIRST TRUE "BIRD SOUP" EVER! :dancing:

She was actually playing with her toys! Scraps from her forage bag & broken pieces of her new ring toy. I wanted to sing from the mountain tops over some broken pieces of junk. :hehe:

I sound like a broken record, but our new routine is doing wonders for her activity level & general happiness. Last night she was talkative but not screechy, playful, not too nippy & FULL of energy. She wasn't too keen on eating her dinner, however. When I went to put her near her happy hut for night-night, which is always a winner- she laid into all her toys instead! Then she wanted back out for more playtime! She was a little rocket on top of her cage & chewed on anything that came her way, though she was very good in terms of nippiness & paying attention to "be gentle." Such a darling!

Attachments

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
that's wonderful!! It's so fun when they get busy and happy playing.:dancing::dancing:
Tiki is adorable! :hug8:

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Great news! I love it too, seeing shreds of evidence they enjoyed something I provided. Happy bird -- happy me.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just look at that little cutie! She's adorable :) And I totally know that feeling--gotta love those busy beaks!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
AWWWW She is adorable:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a gorgeous character!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw the evidence that there has been play it always good.

Jacqi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jacqi
So the VERY NEXT NIGHT after posting this, I had an awful night with Tiki. A new toy gave her a terrible fright & she wouldn't trust me to get anywhere near her for more than a few seconds long after the toy disappeared. I was having an awful day- feeling sick, bad day at work & then no happy birdie to come home to! When John walked in....he found me literally crying next to Tiki's cage. :( Like I said, bad day....

Fortunately, the next morning & evening she was back to her happy self & I've returned the terrible, monsterous toy. haha. (Actually, it was a foraging type device for spray millet. I thought I could put food in it, but no luck. I introduce things slowly & sometimes she jumps right in & other times she gets spooked. You never know...)

Jacqi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jacqi
Last night was the first night I made specific effort to keep her up a little later so she would sleep (covered) a little later & it worked like a charm. Tiki & Mommy slept til 8:30am this morning. ::sigh:: Happy....

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I love the mornings when Lucy wants to sleep in they make daddy so much more happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.