• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Tiel has one black nostril and one red/pink nostril

meheartbirds

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cynthia
Hi,
can you please get the link to the tool from the vet, there are so many variations with sharp blades, so I can buy it for my vet? thanks
Good question. My vet is always willing to sell me an instrument. I might ask him to sell it to me also.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Good question. My vet is always willing to sell me an instrument. I might ask him to sell it to me also.
I'm not getting one for myself. Needs expertise or yo could do a lot of damage!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
My vet has a finer instrument( as in thinner) that causes less irritation she said and also uses gentle suction. So she’s good and has experience!

meheartbirds

Real Name
Cynthia
My vet has a finer instrument( as in thinner) that causes less irritation she said and also uses gentle suction. So she’s good and has experience!
I was thinking of sucking it out but then I wondered if it had somehow gotten attached to tissue by dried secretions or what not it is better to loosen it first before coaxing it out so as to not disrupt tissue.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I was thinking of sucking it out but then I wondered if it had somehow gotten attached to tissue by dried secretions or what not it is better to loosen it first before coaxing it out so as to not disrupt tissue.
and you were right not to! I once did that for Emily and didn't realize how dangerous too strong a suction can be. She was fine though and the salty seed came out. It had just gotten stuck that evening.

meheartbirds

Real Name
Cynthia
and you were right not to! I once did that for Emily and didn't realize how dangerous too strong a suction can be. She was fine though and the salty seed came out. It had just gotten stuck that evening.
Who is Emily?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Who is Emily?
She was my beloved heart bird cockatiel who had an overactive reproductive system and problems her whole life requiring the vet almost every week. Then she got cancer and passed away :(