• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Tido's bald spot

sydodo

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Sayudha
Our Alexandrine parrot has developed a bald spot near the left eye which has been growing rapidly. Same type of bald spot has shown near his right eye as well. His beak is shedding too. We tried applying anti bacterial and anti fungal creams but they did not show much effect. Could it be mites?
Snapchat-196742987.jpg IMG20211215161536.jpg Snapchat-1744165781.jpg Snapchat-546886457.jpg Snapchat-474439044.jpg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello and Welcome! What a beautiful Alexandrine. I'm sorry he's having a problem. Hopefully some other Alexandrine owners will be along soon. I have a Cherry-headed conure who had bald spots in front of both of his eyes similar to this about one year ago. It seems to me that for my Opie, it was because he kept scratching his face. The vet said that it was probably due to his hormones. For Opie, I'm upping his mistings and baths at the moment in hopes of keeping his hormonal itchy/scratchies at bay.

To really know what is going on, I would always recommend a visit to your vet.