• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Throat Shots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
That's so totally awesome and yep, it means that your bird is getting plenty of Vitamin A! YAY!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Since this thread has such great shots and info I moved it to the Bird Anatomy forum. :highfive:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
You don't have a black too - you have a sand worm from Dune that mutated to look like a too! :omg: I still love the freckles ... :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Brooke

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Brooke
I don't know why but his little extra mouth in side of his mouth, which is covered in.... razors, reminds me of something off of Alien vs. Predator. :huh:
Harvey, if you ever need anything, you got it. I'm not messing with those teeth!

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Since this thread has such great shots and info I moved it to the Bird Anatomy forum. :highfive:
Hehe awww! Harvs a celeb!

I don't know why but his little extra mouth in side of his mouth, which is covered in.... razors, reminds me of something off of Alien vs. Predator. :huh:
Harvey, if you ever need anything, you got it. I'm not messing with those teeth!
Hahaha I used too own the real life alien, which was Moray Eels, they have the double jaw Alien is based off ;) so cool!
Just remember...Sheldon has it too ;)

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You don't have a black too - you have a sand worm from Dune that mutated to look like a too! :omg: I still love the freckles ... :heart::heart::heart::heart:
Hahaha his freckles are cute! His breeder saw a photo and said they've faded a lot...I can't say I've noticed since I see him every day!
The worm thing sounds right, but this is the delight all our babies are hiding :D

Wondering where you have been haven't been seeing many posts ...than saw this thread... those mouth shots are something else.... OPEN WIDE HARVEY!! :eek::lol:
Aw cute! I'd been traveling a bit for interviews :)

Hahaha yeah I always peer down his throat when he climbs in the aviary! So it's nice to finally have pics!

heirofslytherin123

Real Name
Gabby
then all our babies have tiny sharks living in their mouths!:lol:

Sapphire Moon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Carole, I wonder if it works like the papillae in the human nose to catch germs befor it goes into the body.????

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I think I'll stop being slack tomorrow and use the uni databases for journals on them and report back!
As for now I'm a slave too the PS3 :lol:

boysmom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Heather Haywood
Awesome Pix, Thanks for the anatomy lesson ! Vet showed me these in my poor rescue MRH Amazon Rico's mouth Friday. His are swollen as he has a respiratory illness going on. When I picked him up from previous owner, I was told he had been vetted and found that his wheezing was fake. Such a lie ! No telling how long the poor guy has been sick. As soon as cultures come back, he will get some meds, and hopefully recover quickly.

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Glad you enjoyed them Heather :)

I hope your lovely Amazon is on the mend and feeling tip top soon, at least she's finally with someone who cares now she's with you :hug8:

mimisaur

Real Name
Bec
WOW! I NEVER knew birds had throats like that! It's kinda creepy! Amazing shots Casey!!!

BradG

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Brad
Say AHHHHHH!

Attachments

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
WOW! i tried just now that with Baylee that but is not easy when she is trying to eat the camera :coffeescreen: :hehe: i had to see it without the camera... i think they are sharp YAY! Thanks you sooo much for this, this is one more way to make sure she is not ill/sick or in a poor diet...:)

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Glad you enjoyed them, Maria :D

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Very interesting and amazing photos, everyone.

Do you know what I thought this thread was about? Giving a bird injections into it's throat. I was just thinking OMG I hope I never have to do that!

Taz93

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Honestly i too never knew they had them in their throats until i saw one of ur photos of it on APS i think? lol kinda creepy tho and kinda cool. Ever since i saw the photo ive been trying to see inside Taz's mouth to see if i can see it, im not 100% sure but i think i may have saw part of it, i really dont know lol.

Either way they are excellent shots :)

Status
Not open for further replies.