• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

THRIVE C4aw Box. Anyone tried it?

Lilbirdapp

Moving in
Real Name
Trisha
Has anyone tried the THRIVE C4aw box? I want to try it. It seems very diverse, and Iike that an Avian Veterinarian had a part in putting it together.

Anyone have any opinions on it? I know Parrotsrus promotes it. I don't know much about her, so I'm not here to debate them. I know some people don't like her. I'm just curious about the food.

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I know of it- Jason Ceme said something about it while working on an aviculture project. I think he spends most of his time, like me doing nutritional education, but I think he focuses at the zoo. I know he had a few other partners that assisted with this, but their names escape me.

There are some good quality items in the box- like TOPS, and their is also some snake oil. I prefer not to have large boxes like that-
groupings of that sort make assumptions instead of individualized specifications.
*For example, there should be a warning for Ekkies that this box could cause serious health complications.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I have used all the products. I bought them separately before they had the box. Basically you save about 10% plus the shipping (that’s significant) using the box.

I also joined Dr. Crean’s FB group about a year or so ago. He promotes Whole fresh food for birds, and he/ his partners created the boxes as a way to help streamline your process. Basically you have a “dry” mix for night and use the freeze dried veggies, plus sprouts if you get them, to make the “wet” mix. Then give your birds 2 meals a day, a wet and a dry.

I really like the products. The only negative for me is that by the time I realize I need to order, it’s more than 2 weeks out from the ship date. :D But that’s just me being disorganized.