• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Three new conures

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
Well we adopted 3 baby conures after the unexpected disappearance of my beloved green cheek, Mango, a month ago. I know it was soon to do that, but I was having such a hard time with not having an avian friend. I was beating myself up over Mango’s disappearance and probably death, but these three babies have helped me cope and they are wonderful. My husband built them a beautiful aviary to fly and play, and we are healing from our loss, but it will take time. These birds are not a replacement, but simply I was not ready to stop loving my birds. The pain of losing a pet can be overwhelming, especially when completely unexpected. Mango wasn’t even 4 yet, but these 3 have helped me to smile again.

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
Well we adopted 3 baby conures after the unexpected disappearance of my beloved green cheek, Mango, a month ago. I know it was soon to do that, but I was having such a hard time with not having an avian friend. I was beating myself up over Mango’s disappearance and probably death, but these three babies have helped me cope and they are wonderful. My husband built them a beautiful aviary to fly and play, and we are healing from our loss, but it will take time. These birds are not a replacement, but simply I was not ready to stop loving my birds. The pain of losing a pet can be overwhelming, especially when completely unexpected. Mango wasn’t even 4 yet, but these 3 have helped me to smile again.

Attachments

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Congratulations!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:congrats5:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dont give up on Mango i dont do social media but my wife showed me a post on fb, a guy in the UK got his CAG back 11 months after loosing him.
Good luck with the new flock but dont give up on Mango

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
Dont give up on Mango i dont do social media but my wife showed me a post on fb, a guy in the UK got his CAG back 11 months after loosing him.
Good luck with the new flock but dont give up on Mango
Thanks for the encouragement, we love the new babies but miss Mango dearly. That’s a miracle that the UK guy got his back after that long. Thanks for sharing!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Put a lost ad up on Craigs List and renew it every week long term. I did that for Lurch and got a few hits but any green bird people thought was him. I kept the ad up for 5 years and that's how we got Pippen. Guy called me saying he had Lurch sitting on his shoulder right then. I explained it probably wasn't Lurch after all these years but he explained he had big dogs and a cat so I went over and picked her up, realizing that tiny bird, a yellow sided Green Cheek, wasn't Lurch, but she needed help. We ran a add for her a long time and no definite owner responded but there were a lot of various owners hoping it was their bird.
Good luck with the new crew and I hope your baby turns up and has a new flock to rule over.

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
Put a lost ad up on Craigs List and renew it every week long term. I did that for Lurch and got a few hits but any green bird people thought was him. I kept the ad up for 5 years and that's how we got Pippen. Guy called me saying he had Lurch sitting on his shoulder right then. I explained it probably wasn't Lurch after all these years but he explained he had big dogs and a cat so I went over and picked her up, realizing that tiny bird, a yellow sided Green Cheek, wasn't Lurch, but she needed help. We ran a add for her a long time and no definite owner responded but there were a lot of various owners hoping it was their bird.
Good luck with the new crew and I hope your baby turns up and has a new flock to rule over.
Thanks so much, great advice. I will certainly try this!