• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Three more import warnings from Aphis

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
There have been a fair few warnings going around for Victoria regarding bird flu. I believe a local turkey and also a local emu farm were made to euthanize all their stock even though no disease was fond there, it was a precautionary measure apparently so I assume there must have been some chance of contamination from a worker or delivery or something. This has been going on for a while now.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Ripshod the vet near my mum has announced there´s been cases detected in the area and are advising to keep all pet birds indoors after December the 14th. Just wanted to let you know because she is only a couple of hours away from you. Inbox me if you want a link or screen shot.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
@Ripshod the vet near my mum has announced there´s been cases detected in the area and are advising to keep all pet birds indoors after December the 14th. Just wanted to let you know because she is only a couple of hours away from you. Inbox me if you want a link or screen shot.
I had an email from my vet informing me of their concerns over this. But boy that's close enought to make my toes curl.
What with all these poultry workers being diagnosed with covid I can't help wondering what's going to be next.
Myself and my family are totally avoiding contact with any other birds. Expect a pm.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge