• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thoughts on this product

Dale Felton

Moving in
Real Name
Dale Felton
I am willing to buy a bird hut with few holes and looking for relevant products.

need your advise on this if this is perfect for my finches - http://bit.ly/ch3hole

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
My budgies have one of them and they love it. They both get in there and make these little budgie devil sounds that crack me up because it echos and really makes them sound evil hehehehe.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
'Potential nest' alert for parrots, but I'm not so sure on finches. Get one and try it. If they show nesting behaviour hang it outside the cage. If they still want to nest then get rid.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
'Potential nest' alert for parrots, but I'm not so sure on finches. Get one and try it. If they show nesting behaviour hang it outside the cage. If they still want to nest then get rid.
Yes I can certainly see that being a problem. I watch my two in it and if I see nesting behaviour it will be removed but so far they each stand at one of the entrances facing each other making their budgie argument to the other one be heard but because it echos it seems to distort their little voices. Omg it really does crack me up. It was a foraging toy for Burt until he decided he would like to crack all of his other coconut toys, so this one got put away then given to the little ones when the arrived.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yep if you’re not wanting babies avoid it, they sure will see it as a nest. However, I have the half-coconut in one of my finch cages (hanging like a bowl) and they have meetings standing on the edge, and the babies used to sit in it after they fledged but no nesting.

However I have Gouldians, what kind do you have?

Also you do have to take it out and scrub it occasionally.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Basically, the more enclosed it is, the more likely they are to see it as a suitable nest.

Out of interest, why do you want a bird hut?