• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thoughts on cage setup?

rebecca252

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rebecca Tiplady
this is my flight cage set up for my three budgies, Percy, Calypso and Grover. Over lockdown, they’ve been pretty much free roaming, but I’m going back to school, meaning they’ll be in their cages a lot more than usual. Just want to know if everyone thinks this is enough of an enriching environment, or if there is anything I should change or remove?
Thanks so much for any advice!!

Attachments

Bookwyrm

Sprinting down the street
Wait...
Percy, Calypso, and Grover...
:) Are you a Percy Jackson fan? (Festus would be a great name for a budgie).
Oh, and one thing I didn't notice before: I would remove the sandpaper platform perch. They're awful. If your bird sits on them for too long, they can cut up the bottoms of their feet. Sometimes the little bits of sand can get in the cuts, too. Also, you never know what they use to get the sand to stick to the perch it is in the first place...

rebecca252

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rebecca Tiplady
Wait...
:) Are you a Percy Jackson fan? (Festus would be a great name for a budgie).
Oh, and one thing I didn't notice before: I would remove the sandpaper platform perch. They're awful. If your bird sits on them for too long, they can cut up the bottoms of their feet. Sometimes the little bits of sand can get in the cuts, too. Also, you never know what they use to get the sand to stick to the perch it is in the first place...
Yes, I used to adore Percy Jackson - my first budgie was named Nico, and I’ve named my birds after the characters ever since!! In regards to the platform, we realised it wasn’t great pretty quickly, and sanded off all of the rough parts, so it is now completely smoothed, though the budgies rarely sit on it anyway.
you’re right, festus would be an awesome name - I’m planning on getting some cockatiels in the future, so I’ll keep that name in mind aha. :)

Bookwyrm

Sprinting down the street
They were the books that really got me into reading. I finally bought the Heroes of Olympus series, and am rereading them all. I read them for the first time in third grade, and my friend and I were OBSESSED. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who names animals after book characters! (If you're still a reader, I'd highly recommend checking out anything by Brandon Sanderson)...

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
Wait...
:) Are you a Percy Jackson fan?
My literal first thought when I read this :rofl: I’ve been a huge fan since I was in fourth grade :lol:love the names!
this is my flight cage set up for my three budgies, Percy, Calypso and Grover. Over lockdown, they’ve been pretty much free roaming, but I’m going back to school, meaning they’ll be in their cages a lot more than usual. Just want to know if everyone thinks this is enough of an enriching environment, or if there is anything I should change or remove?
Thanks so much for any advice!!
Great cage!
you’re right, festus would be an awesome name - I’m planning on getting some cockatiels in the future, so I’ll keep that name in mind aha. :)
Aaaah now I almost want to get another bird just to name it festus! All jokes aside, I think Aphrodite would also be an awesome name for a tiel :)

rebecca252

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rebecca Tiplady
My literal first thought when I read this :rofl: I’ve been a huge fan since I was in fourth grade :lol:love the names!

Great cage!

Aaaah now I almost want to get another bird just to name it festus! All jokes aside, I think Aphrodite would also be an awesome name for a tiel :)
Agreed - for a pair Aphrodite and Ares would be very cute, or Artemis and Apollo.