• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures This week’s chop

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
This week’s chop: jalapeños, radishes, fennel, purple cabbage, golden beets, red & yellow bell peppers, grated carrots , sugar snap peas, turmeric root, pepitas, hemp hearts, milk thistle seeds, coconut shreds, pomegranate arils. My dandelion greens were no B5996F7E-9085-4868-BD73-6D89B3E242E9.jpeg

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Looks good!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Beautiful chop as always!!! Can't help but wonder what you cook for yourself to eat!!! :D

Joanncat

Moving in
Can dry, uncooked quinoa be added to chop to help soak up some moisture if it is frozen and then thawed and is a bit wet? I see a lot of chop recipes where people cook the grain, then I saw one you tuber who put it in dry to soak up excess moisture. I wanted to know if that would be safe. Thanks.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Can dry, uncooked quinoa be added to chop to help soak up some moisture if it is frozen and then thawed and is a bit wet? I see a lot of chop recipes where people cook the grain, then I saw one you tuber who put it in dry to soak up excess moisture. I wanted to know if that would be safe. Thanks.

I am not comfortable adding a raw grain, like rice for example, as there could be swelling that could lead to health issues. If I have a really wet chop, I add raw steel cut oats or pellet powder (I save it for bird bread).

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Looks great!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I use cooked quinoa in my chops. I cook it and refrigerate it for a day before adding. Try that and see if it pulls up enough of your moisture.