• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This lil bird need help (sad update post #12)

Cheryl0708

Moving in
Real Name
Cheryl
Can someone please help me I dont know what happen to this bird I actually got it outside my house and it was lying down in the floor and it seem like the bird is dying...I really need some help if anyone knows what to do please help me 20210618_195524.jpg

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
Can you locate the nest? Is there a local wildlife center, veterinarian, or humane society that could care for the bird nearby? The local animal shelter near me takes care of sick or very young birds that people bring in, and they said not to give the baby birds you find outside food or water because various things can go wrong (choking, incorrect food, and other issues). The best thing you can do is keep them comfortable and not wasting their energy until you can get them to a qualified wildlife caregiver.
I faced nearly the same situation with a baby robin a few weeks ago and luckily had a place to take the bird.

@Zara might be able to offer advice... She helped another member with care for a baby budgie several months ago.

Edit: Perhaps this page could be moved to a more serious category? Bird Emergency Highway 911?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Edit: Perhaps this page could be moved to a more serious category? Bird Emergency Highway 911?
Thread moved to healthy highway.

Cheryl0708

Moving in
Real Name
Cheryl
Can you locate the nest? Is there a local wildlife center, veterinarian, or humane society that could care for the bird nearby? The local animal shelter near me takes care of sick or very young birds that people bring in, and they said not to give the baby birds you find outside food or water because various things can go wrong (choking, incorrect food, and other issues). The best thing you can do is keep them comfortable and not wasting their energy until you can get them to a qualified wildlife caregiver.
I faced nearly the same situation with a baby robin a few weeks ago and luckily had a place to take the bird.

@Zara might be able to offer advice... She helped another member with care for a baby budgie several months ago.

No there is no health care center for birds here therefore im worried about the bird

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You need to keep the baby warm. Pad a container with paper toweling and maybe find a small bowl and put that in the larger container. Pad the bowl, too. Put a heating pad under @ 1/2 of that container.
You can feed the baby a cat food mixture. Best to use a wooden coffee stirrer or popsicle stick to do that.
Here's a link for the recipe: Baby Starling Care: precise information on caring for wild baby birds I used this formula for my house sparrow although I didn't add bird vitamins.

You can lightly tap on the baby's beak to stimulate a feeding response.

I hope the little one will be OK. Check through the linked site for more information. Looks like a baby house sparrow to me but sometimes baby birds from different species can look similar.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Looks like a baby sparrow? Warm baby bird formula, fed from a spoon or even a " pen cap"
Like this,,
20210618_202113.jpg
Tap the side of the beak to get a feeding response, baby should open its beak and eat from there,,,oh dear, I would tube feed, but you MUST be very experienced to do this..
@Britnicorn ...good luck honey, bless you!!

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney

Sorry I can’t offer much advice, I don’t know much about these little guys

Edit: if it fell it likely has some sort of brain injury and there’s not much you can do :/ just be sure it knows it’s loved, safe, and warm

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
My friend raised one successfully. Maybe you can too.
Besides what Zara showed for a feeder, I’ve been having good luck with straws. The ones I have are gigantic and have a u- shaped end that sticks out, and I scoop a little food onto the end and they eat it from there. No danger of aspiration since I’m not shoving it down their throat.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any update on the baby?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’m sorry. Thank you for trying.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m sorry the baby didn’t make it, but thank you for trying.
:sadhug2:

Britnicorn

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Britney
There was likely nothing you could do to save it anyway, but at least it passed knowing it was safe and cared for
Thank you for trying to save it, I'm sure it really appreciated your kindness

:hug5:

Cheryl0708

Moving in
Real Name
Cheryl
There was likely nothing you could do to save it anyway, but at least it passed knowing it was safe and cared for
Thank you for trying to save it, I'm sure it really appreciated your kindness

:hug5:
Thankyou so much