• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is Six

Status
Not open for further replies.

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Our farm cat mama - Violet - had a batch of kittens in September. She had six and we were glad to see that she had them someplace close where we could see and have contact with them. Her last batch was born out in the woods or an outbuilding on the farm so we never saw them until they were 12 weeks or more and quite feral.

This batch had 3 large, fat, fluffy kittens and three that were so very tiny and weak compared to the others. They had little or no body fat and could not fight for feeding off Momma. I numbered them to keep track - 1-6. 1 & 2 were gray & white, 3 is pure white, 4 was gray, 5 was white with some gray spots and 6 white with black spots. Violet would move the kittens from spot to spot and the first night we had cold weather in the 20s, #5 froze to death while #4 and #6 were frozen but not dead. We brought #4 and #6 inside, but #4 did not make it through the night. Six was wrapped in a heating pad and we hoped for the best. He could only move his eyes, but by morning he was able to raise his head and eat from a syringe of the calf manna I mixed up (I keep that to feed out/fatten my Thoroughbred gelding who doesn't keep weight) - He has slowly but surely begun to gain weight and get frisky! the last first pic was when they were 3 weeks (Six is the itty bitty head in the back), the first is two weeks ago. The second pic is now. When he is healthy enough to join the crew outside, he will head that direction. For now, my little whirlwind - Six!

Attachments

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am glad you were at least able to save the one. I just love kitties.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I adore kittens! I worked at a humane society for a while and I always took care of the baby kitties... Sooo cute!

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Six is all sharp corners and angles. He has so little body fat although he eats and eats. I think he will be small and stunted for a long time if not forever. His front legs were frozen straight out and back legs frozen crouched. He does not have too much of an issue with the front now but he hops like a bunny instead of running because of the back legs. It's sad and cute at the same time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Cute:) but sad story:(:hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, soo cute! What a sad story!:(

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awwww...Six is adorable. I hope he makes a big statement in his world as he grows!

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
aawwhh tragic story. Poor six had such a hard start at life. May he prosper and live long. Wait... I sounded like Spock there :rofl: still though ~ true hopes for little Six :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
omg kitties!!! :heart:

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran