• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This Is It. (Horse-related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
For those of you who know me, you know that I have a big dork of a morgan gelding that has had a rather rough path in life, and on the way to the showring (if he ever goes).

Booker has been home from the horse whisperer now for 6 months, and is back to his normal, dorky self :D I can't tell you how relieved I am to have my horse back! I was so sure that I would never see that mischievous twinkle in his eye again when he came back from that abusive trainer. But Dan was able to straighten him out with some natural horsemanship, and with lots of love back home for six months, he's back to his old games and tricks and its so wonderful to have him back!

I feel like this huge cloud that has been looming over me has gone away. I'll go this week to sign all of his paperwork so that he is officially registered in my name, and I won't ever have to worry about him running through some auction and ending up elsewhere, I'm researching barns that are closer to me where I can board him and he can hang out and be a pasture pony! :lol:

But, before I do that...I owe Booker one last shot at being a show horse. So, a good friend of mine who is a trainer for a facility has agreed to take Booker on for 4-6 weeks for an evaluation! I trust his training technique and style, and since he has been worked with natural horsemanship and is broke to ride, I feel he will be able to give me a definite answer as to whether or not Booker wants to be a show horse, or if he wants to be my trail companion :)
He is going down there next week to begin training.
Wish him luck! I will see if I can get pictures before he hops on the trailer.

VeraGrace

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cami
GOOD LUCK! what type of showing are you going to do?

P.S. clearly I LOVE horses! I ride and own them and they are a joy in life.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Well, I do just about everything, but Booker has the frame and build for huntseat, so that is what I'm hoping we'll excel in. He's far too clumsy for jumping, but that's ok :D

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He sounds wonderful! Good luck, give him a little nose kiss for me.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Good luck I hope Booker shines and shows everyone what he can be!

Have you checked out any of the places around Hampton for boarding? My sister had one of hers boarded in Hampton for awhile. If you want some contact info I can get it for you.

We also have a really nice place just down the road from us (Cannon Falls) that boards horses. She is well known in the horse industry (thoroughbreds) and my son used to work for her. I can also get you her name and contact info

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so glad he is doing well!! I hope he shines with the trainer:D

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
I just love Natural Horsemanship!!! :) Its the best! And part of the reason why I don't show. Good luck though! :hug8:

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Oh this is great news! I felt so bad for you and him when you first posted when he came home :hug8: Good luck with him, can't wait to hear what Booker tells your friend! :D

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Good luck I hope Booker shines and shows everyone what he can be!

Have you checked out any of the places around Hampton for boarding? My sister had one of hers boarded in Hampton for awhile. If you want some contact info I can get it for you.

We also have a really nice place just down the road from us (Cannon Falls) that boards horses. She is well known in the horse industry (thoroughbreds) and my son used to work for her. I can also get you her name and contact info
Chris- You bet! I've got some friends who have a barn in Hampton, MN :) I've been talking to them about bringing Booker there to board and what they would charge. They have to sell some of their horses first and then it would be an option :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.