• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This Baby Green Cheek Stole My Heart and I Can’t Have Him!

sweetybirb

Moving in
So, I finally met a conure that I felt a real connection to! :crycry: And I can’t have him cuz my apartment is in no condition to have a bird and our landlord wouldn’t be happy! It’s for the best... I knew visiting the parrot shop was gonna eventually break my heart, lol!

I even named the little guy “Meepers” cuz I thought I could kind of make out a “Meep” in his lil squeaks, though it sounds more like a squeaky toy. He responds to me saying “Meep” all the same, so the name is still kinda fitting.

I hope whoever adopts this little guy will take good care of him. The shop owner says it’ll be about a week before these baby conures are ready for adoption.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Awww goodness..baby bird meeps. He's adorable and I'm sorry...sucks to be a kid and then you grow up and it sucks to be an adult. No winning sometimes.

sweetybirb

Moving in
Ah! It's alright! I'm just happy to have met him! I'm sure (at least hope) he'll be adopted into a loving family.

Apparently, it's only been a few days, and while his siblings were still scared with their new surroundings, this little rascal got brave enough to meep back at me and even tried getting close to me to keep doing the meep contest... He was a bit skittish when I tried putting my finger close to him, but he was still determined to squeak on, lol! Who wouldn't love to have a bird like that?!