• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thinking of getting a Too

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Here’s how smart these birds are.......we are having family over for Valentine’s Day dinner. We’re marinating rack of lamb, which Miss Coco spotted (she doesn‘t miss a trick).

She now knows she’ll get lamb bones for dinner, and is hopping up a storm! All sweetness and light, even coming to me for scritches and attention. Watching a really happy ‘too is one of the joys of life....
Penny gets all excited too when i cook some meat ...She gets a small bite... She smells it cooking & can hardly contain her excitement...

Now she laid an egg & is shredding up her cage papers...naughty girl!

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
The world needs more good bird owners, sounds like you are one! Your future birds will find their way to you when the time is right! :hug8:

Faun

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Faun
I do definitely think Id be in over my head with a cockatoo. I am just going to keep working with Athena for now and wait a while. I don't know too much about birds am learning but dont want a bird to have a bad experience because of my lack of experience. I've been working with a variety of animals training wise for years and learned a long time ago from a crazy off the track throughbred the best you can be with an animal starts from realizing what you dont know not what you do already know. Many on here are way more experienced with birds than I am and like I say I appreciate the honest feedback and the encouragement!

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Once upon a time I wanted a cockatoo or a grey..now after A LOT of research and being on here i decided I can only handle little Tiels and they are enough for me! Definitely give ur little buddy some time! But definitely adopt :) if ar all possible!

Srohe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suzanna
I have a 7 yr old Quaker parrot and a 6 yr old Goffins cockatoo. I thought I did all the raw arch before getting the cockatoo as a baby. Till this day I learn something new. I don’t ever have them out of cage together. The Goffin is a lot to take on. She can be very loud. She destroyed all the trim in our house. Which we replaced and thanks to the help of members on here hung poster board up in new trim so she can’t land on it. She can be nippy to the point she has drawn blood. I truly believe she loves us though. She can be very sweet and cuddly. She requires a strict diet special lighting. Even though she’s a lot of work we live our lives around raising her.