• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Thinking about a hamster.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It’s ok Robin! I have a hunting breed (cocker spaniel) and we have to do bunny patrol 8 times a day... she rips my arm off if she sees one.. I don’t get to stop thinking about this, EVER. :pinklol2:
I see:rofl: Breezer was found by a friend of mine on the street, she had a hunting breed as well and they had Made a little temperary run for him, completly barricaded so their dog couldn’t get to him:eek: They are relentless!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Yes! I thought about rabbits yesterday to and wanted to mention it. Rabbits can easily live into their teens, Some reach 18. They are AMAZING! They are smart, can be cuddly, and are super cute! If you house train them, they can run and play around the house without accidents happening(well a few accident Will still happen of course). I have had mostly big rabbits, but now have two small ones. I really love them, one of my rabbits would always cuddle up against me and the other one would play games with me and did a few tricks. Maybe they are something for you?
I brought up rabbits, dad said no. he says no to rats as well, or anything rodent-like.

If I could, I would get Chirp a friend, but I don't have access to a separate air space to quarantine.

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
I brought up rabbits, dad said no. he says no to rats as well, or anything rodent-like.

If I could, I would get Chirp a friend, but I don't have access to a separate air space to quarantine.
He does know hamsters are rodents to right?

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Wait! See if this one works.

YouTube

Sorry guys, I marked it private by accident. Maybe this one will work.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Sorry everyone. I'm new at loading videos. Here is the one of the hamster. Let me know if you can't see it. He/She is too cute.

I accidentally had it marked private. Here you go. So cute!!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
He is cute! What a darling, he wanted to get out so badly! He does look a lot like the siberian hamster I had, but I am nowhere near an expert:embarassed:

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
At one point he had his hands folded like he was praying and begging us. I felt so badly! I know my dogs would never allow him but I did have a quick fantasy where he runs around the house in a protective ball but that would be frightening to me to be chased by big snarling dogs while I'm in a bubble so that idea got nixed.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I get it! That would have been a hell for the little guy! But still it must have been so hard to resist such a cute begging face:rolleyes:

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I was so convinced we were gonna bring home a hamster or a mouse or something. We came home with another crested gecko:D

I can’t go in pet places by myself:lol:

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I almost came home with two guinea pigs. I fell head over heels for a white and gray one, but I just don’t have the space for a c&c cage :(

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I love them all. Ferrets, chinchillas, they're all too cute. I love their personalities. Too adorable
Me too:rofl: In the past I have researched ferrets, mice, rats, a little bit about chinchillas, turtles and Some lizard species! Oh and rabbits As they actually liver here! We had guinea pigs at my father’s in the past so I researched them also:D I have forgotten most of it already:o: It has been a few years though, I think I have replaced it all with bird knowledge:lol:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I thought about getting a friend for Chirp, and then I had a panic attack about the quarantine situation. Yipes.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ah that is no fun:hug8: Maybe the other menners know a solution to your quarantine problem:heart:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I thought about getting a friend for Chirp, and then I had a panic attack about the quarantine situation. Yipes.
Don’t you have accommodations for Chirp both upstairs and downstairs?

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
If you get chirp a friend couldn't you ask the rescue or breeder to quarantine them?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

However, the BEST small animal pet is the rat. If handled from infancy they are loving, loyal and easily handled.

Yes! I had 2 girls before I got Jingo, and now I am looking at getting some boys in the next few months :)