• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Think I might of found the trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
to get Pretty to eat her healthy foods. Have my husband eat it too.
I know pizza crust is not a healthy food and this was all by accident but too cute to pass up taking pictures of. Last night we had her cage down by our dinning room table since I shampooed the carpet upstairs and so my hubby got her out to hang out on his shoulder while we ate. Well she thought she'd try the pizza out too. He only let her take a few bites of only the crust, wouldn't surprise me if she's had it before since the lady I got her from did say french fries were one of her favorite foods.:omg: And she seemed to know what it was before the first bite. She just started leaning forward and biting it without my hubby putting it anywhere towards her direction like he is in the pictures.
So now I just need to figure out how to make some healthy pancakes with some shredded veggies in them and make my hubby eat them too.:lol: Maybe I should look into making some birdie pizza too.:idea2:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Birdie pizza might not be such a bad idea. Use whole wheat dough, with fresh oats/groats cooked into the crust, along with homemade tomatoe sauce (no salt or oils added), and puree many veggies for the sauce, and then for the "cheese" you can probably use soy cheese or no cheese whatsoever, and just puree more veggies and cook it together..hmm...ideas are forming...

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
very good thanks for sharing

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Birdie pizza might not be such a bad idea. Use whole wheat dough, with fresh oats/groats cooked into the crust, along with homemade tomatoe sauce (no salt or oils added), and puree many veggies for the sauce, and then for the "cheese" you can probably use soy cheese or no cheese whatsoever, and just puree more veggies and cook it together..hmm...ideas are forming...

Thanks. That's a good idea about the oats. Ideas are forming in my mind too. Since she seems like a little junk food eater. I've been having a horrible time getting her to try anything good but the first time junk food is in front of her she helps herself.:rolleyes: So I think I'm going to have to be tricky.
Maybe my first one I'll cook the crust and then add a fresh veggie mash on top.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That sounds like a good idea! I think Im going to have to give it a try too! My birds, ofcourse, will rather eat human junk food over fresh and healthy foods. Ofcourse I hardly ever do give them human food. But they do also love tiny pieces of pizxza crust or a snibble at the cheese, but I think it'll be very healthy to make a birdie veggie pizza with no cheese, no sauce, all homade. What an idea!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
That sounds like a good idea! I think Im going to have to give it a try too! My birds, ofcourse, will rather eat human junk food over fresh and healthy foods. Ofcourse I hardly ever do give them human food. But they do also love tiny pieces of pizxza crust or a snibble at the cheese, but I think it'll be very healthy to make a birdie veggie pizza with no cheese, no sauce, all homade. What an idea!
i was thinking of pureeing some veggies to use as 'sauce' but mine just like to eat, so would not care if it was a little on the dry side

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I'm wondering if maybe I can't try to mix some shredded veggies in the crust. I'm going shopping tomorrow so will have to get some to do up.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Loved the pictures!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.