• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They're beautiful and need a new home

HollyA23

Moving in
Real Name
Holly Montero
I have owned birds my entire life. Most recently I lost my Quaker at age 22. But that isn’t why I am here.

My mom recently passed away. She was the owner of three sun conures that were loyal only to her. Over the twenty-something years she had them, they came after me every single time I was there. Now that mom is gone I need to rehome them. They are free to anyone who can show they care about these animals and will treat them well. I'd request that they stay together. It is a male (father) and two of his offspring. He is about 30 (he is banded) and i dont recall how old the children are. They are obviously not banded as they were born at my mom's.

In the meantime, I will be taking care of them, albeit carefully. Hopefully someone who knows how to transition them to their next stop will reach out. We’ve tried the local parrot society and others, thus far no luck.

I’d appreciate anyone willing to adopt them or who knows someone who can do so. I am located in downstate New York if that helps at all. Thank you for sharing your bird space with me.

UPDATE! 12/28/23 Hi...Thank you all so much for your care, concern, and creativity in helping me find a suitable new space for these littles. I have something super local that looks like it may pan out. It is a very reputable shelter thru my avian vet. They have graciously agreed to take all three. It may happen as soon as tomorrow. What a wonderful group avian avenue is to care so much about a complete stranger. Ill follow up again once this (hopefully) goes thru. It may be a happier holiday after all.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
UPDATE! 12/28/23 Hi...Thank you all so much for your care, concern, and creativity in helping me find a suitable new space for these littles. I have something super local that looks like it may pan out. It is a very reputable shelter thru my avian vet. They have graciously agreed to take all three. It may happen as soon as tomorrow. What a wonderful group avian avenue is to care so much about a complete stranger. Ill follow up again once this (hopefully) goes thru. It may be a happier holiday after all.
I am so glad you may have found somewhere for them I hope your ok as can be

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
So glad they may have a place to go! To be honest they are super tempting and I really wish I could take them myself. If it were just one I may have even considered it. But three is just too much right now. Hoping they get a good home and looking forward to updates!