• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They'll see me there later,won't they?

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
Pearl and Flake,my two beloved albino cockatiels,passed away with an age of 18.I did not mention them in my current flock as they were on the bridge 3 months ago.I just decided to talk about their story now.
They were siblings and were a present to my elder sister for her 14th birthday,then they were already 6 while I was 4.They ended up being closest to me and were given to me when I turned 12.Both had the most beautiful of feathers,Pearl ( female ) loving cuddles and Flake ( female ) loving head rubs.They enjoyed cabbages,corn and the sunlight.
No egg binding issues or illnesses were found throughout their lifetime ( I'm so lucky ) and until their last moment,still chirping ( though faintly ) and had this ' I don't want to leave this world' yet look on their faces.Maybe because of me,maybe otherwise.They now rest high in the sky,on the Rainbow Bridge,waiting for me to come too.
They did not speak my language,or looked like me,neither had interesting tricks that I can show to others.They were the plainest in my flock but yet the ones who have been in my life for the longest.May they fly high and soar in the clouds.
No bird can replace either of them and they shall be etched in my memory forever. Rest In Peace,Pearl and Flake.WAIT FOR ME!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m very sorry for your loss Sam ❤

It´s never easy losing a family member, and two is even sadder. No, you will never be able to replace them because they were so unique no matter how plain they may seem to others. I´m happy you have those fond memories to hold on to, they sound like they were wonderful birds.

If you are feeling down, please go and talk to a friend, your sister, or another family member ❤

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I'm so sorry for your loss. :sad14:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
So very sorry to hear this. And yes, I so agree with you @umbrella our feathered and furry friends will be waiting for us!
:sorrow:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
They will be there waiting for you. They fly in to our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever. So sorry for your loss.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Thanks for all your replies.They died cradled in my arms as I knew that their time was going to be up.Their last meal was lunch and I served them their favourites; Boiled beans,corn,cabbage and even some seeds along with a relatively smaller amount of pellets and a tiny portion of honey as dessert ( They love honey and would go nuts.It's only a Birthday treat for them too ) .
They were happy.And I am proud to have those two inreplaceble beauties in my life and having lived a great portion of their lives with them.They now soar high and fly around the world,maybe watching over me as well.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved cockatiel, Sunny when he was 20. (I was his second home.) I still miss him everyday. They definitely take a bit of your heart with them when they go.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I am so sorry for your loss

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for the loss of your two sweet cockatiels.:sorrow:They definitely knew they were loved, and it’s good you were with them at the end. If you don’t mind my asking, what happened that they both went at the same time?
:sadhug2:

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I'm so sorry and I very much hope we get to see them again. Mine are dearly missed as well.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
The breeder told me that they were twins and such but I'd say that them going at the same day was probably coincidence.Flake went first,hours later,Pearl and I was in that awkward position on the floor,hugging both tightly to my chest for hours,too.Death cause was old age.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Sending hugs. I am very sorry you lost your family members. It sounds like you had many long and wonderful years together. They were lucky birds to have shared their life with you. :yes3:

:sadhug2::sadhug:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am deeply sorry for your losses.

They have, no doubt, met my tiels at the Bridge, and they are very happy to be part of the flock there.

Rest assured, my friend, that you WILL be reunited with them...

Wings Forever High, Pearl and Flake...

Poundkitty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nicole
Pearl and Flake,my two beloved albino cockatiels,passed away with an age of 18.I did not mention them in my current flock as they were on the bridge 3 months ago.I just decided to talk about their story now.
They were siblings and were a present to my elder sister for her 14th birthday,then they were already 6 while I was 4.They ended up being closest to me and were given to me when I turned 12.Both had the most beautiful of feathers,Pearl ( female ) loving cuddles and Flake ( female ) loving head rubs.They enjoyed cabbages,corn and the sunlight.
No egg binding issues or illnesses were found throughout their lifetime ( I'm so lucky ) and until their last moment,still chirping ( though faintly ) and had this ' I don't want to leave this world' yet look on their faces.Maybe because of me,maybe otherwise.They now rest high in the sky,on the Rainbow Bridge,waiting for me to come too.
They did not speak my language,or looked like me,neither had interesting tricks that I can show to others.They were the plainest in my flock but yet the ones who have been in my life for the longest.May they fly high and soar in the clouds.
No bird can replace either of them and they shall be etched in my memory forever. Rest In Peace,Pearl and Flake.WAIT FOR ME!
Pretty sure you will see them again and it will be very CROWDED with all the animals you have ever loved!

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
I agree with you ... as I said goodbye to my 14 1/2 ur old Afghan I told him “I’ll see you on the other side”

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
So sorry for your loss. We lost first our 24 year old female, and then 4 years later lost our male which we had for 27 years. don’t know his age as he landed on the balcony one day. He seemed to not be a baby then so who knows how old he really was. To this day we miss them both as well as some of our other babies, horribly. :hug6: