• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They do NOT like cinnamon one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I feel so bummed out. :( I ran out of birdie mash and so I decided to cook a new batch today. Did the groceries and prepared everything as usual........except I thought I'd add a bit of cinnamon for variety. :huh:

They were both "obviously" disappointed with my mash and turned their beaks up at it in disdain.

To add insult to injury Emma flung hers in every direction as if to say...." What the $%&&&**#?"

and managed to splatter mash on my left cheek. :mad:
I was so peeved and felt like I had a bunch of spoiled brats. :yelling:
Anyways, I've gotten over myself and know that they were simply disappointed because it did not taste quite like the mashie that they love:lol:.

I really should learn not to "fix" what isn't broken.

I really did not want to throw out all the mash that I had made so I decided to doctor it up with MORE squash and MORE cayenne pepper. ;)

They love cayenne pepper and it seemed to help a bit. Hopefully they are as gracious for the next 7 weeks.:lol:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
They may have just been surprised at the new taste. My mash is hit and miss when I change it, but after 1 or 2 days of offering it to them, they finally start eating it. It is disappointing when you chop, boil and cook your morning away for them and then they dis you. Hugs!!!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
LOL, How can a bird not like cinnamon?? haha! My fids go crazy for cinnamon. Then if it is not in their mash, they don't eat it at all, LOL! I have done that before too, I have made a mash with red pepper and they hated it, they would not eat it, even after I added cinnamon, but they do like cayenne pepper for some odd reason, LOL!

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't know what's wrong with my parrots. I love cinnamon. What's not to like. Perhaps I should ship my mash over to you guys.:lol:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Mine like cinnamon. But then again maybe that's why some don't eat so much of it. I know too well about making something for them and then them not liking it. I made up a batch of veggies and fruit for them and then they didn't eat any of it. Must not of liked one of the new things in it or something.:rolleyes:

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Silly picky birds

Status
Not open for further replies.