• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

They are nesting! ~Dove Diaries~

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Moving in closer to the food source....
Wish they ewre on this side of the tree so I could spy on them better! :lol: She´s still in there asleep and it´s 8pm and pitch black. That branch does wobble quite a bit in the wind, so any windy days I´ll keep an eye on her. Obviously if an egg falls I can´t do anything, but a baby bird can be brought up and put on my balcony, or back in the tree if it has it´s wings (like the blackbird on my birthday, this is the same tree I put that chick into).

you better keep the balcony door closed or they'll be raiding your cupboards!!!!
Yea, we already have to man the door or if their bowl got empty, they would come in and sit in my seat waiting for me or rummage around looking for seed mix. So the door is only ever open if I´m sat here.
We always did close the door when we went out because I spotted bird marks on the window where they had flown into the doors. So last thing I wanted was a spooked dove flying around the living room!
But now we close the doors when we are home but not in the living room.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Cute!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Still in her nest, she doesn´t leave... (?)
I took Jacob out late last night and as I was took watching him run around on the grass, a cat jumped down from a tree behind me, that was just up the top of the street (8 trees away?) I´m a little worried about that cat ...

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
she doesn´t leave... (?)
I just saw a dove eating the topican pellets and drinking out there. I went out, and broke up some bread (I´m running low on food and out of dove seed) for the feeder bowl and it was her. She watched me a little while before hopping into the tree, I looked in behind her and saw dad was in the nest. They switched duties and he flew up to eat some of the bread I left there :D