• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures They’re that flimsy!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
brand new kings cages ss bowl after a dishwasher run though! Will call but no point talking to anyone besides Andrew King.

36639AD0-E282-4A4F-B1E3-20660EAF97B5.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That's the same thing mine did!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:omg: Glad I bought the carrier wo bowls!

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
That’s nuts. My kings stainless bowls are a couple years old and hold up great. Is this just their newer production ones? You’d think they’d make better quality ones considering they always tout their reputation as being one of the best.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That’s nuts. My kings stainless bowls are a couple years old and hold up great. Is this just their newer production ones? You’d think they’d make better quality ones considering they always tout their reputation as being one of the best.
My old ones are much more solid. Getting rusty so I bought new ones which are paper thin.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:eek: wow!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a piece of junk! I hope you can get this resolved and they will give you a refund. Nothing ever went anywhere with Basis Pets which is a shame.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
The new ones rust in two months. Return policy is one month. Probably same for cracks never mind that I just took it out of the box which I’ve had for several months now. I bought 5 ten oz bowls from some random company on Dr fosters but they fall right through the kings holder lol. I recall some lifetime warranteed ss bowls someone posted about so hope to locate them.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
A&E 30 oz bowls i bought a while back are also very light and thin but no rust and no cracks. I'm very happy with them!

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
The new ones rust in two months. Return policy is one month. Probably same for cracks never mind that I just took it out of the box which I’ve had for several months now. I bought 5 ten oz bowls from some random company on Dr fosters but they fall right through the kings holder lol. I recall some lifetime warranteed ss bowls someone posted about so hope to locate them.
Stainless Steel Forever Bowl
Check out the rest of the bowls on that site, they have a good selection. And very good customer service.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Ps keep in mind that lifetime warranties are only good for as long as the company is still in business, which in today's world is often not too long.

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan
I hate crappy, poor quality products. King should be ashamed putting crap like that out! They don't make things like they used to. It's called disposable product and planned obsolescence!
images (54).jpeg 151y0n.jpg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Damn, the bowls that came with my Chinese generic cage that is sold in many brand names are very solid compared to those. They haven't rusted or bent and they are pretty thick steel too. Pretty bad when a no name maker has better bowls then a top of the line manufacturer who charges a premium for their quality stuff.
I would think they should take care of you and if not get some of the better bowls from that link and get them to refund some money.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Damn, the bowls that came with my Chinese generic cage that is sold in many brand names are very solid compared to those. They haven't rusted or bent and they are pretty thick steel too. Pretty bad when a no name maker has better bowls then a top of the line manufacturer who charges a premium for their quality stuff.
I would think they should take care of you and if not get some of the better bowls from that link and get them to refund some money.

I'm almost too lazy to make the effort to engage with Kings. It's not worth it. Matto's link is great, I see some good options there.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yeah, I can certainly understand that but maybe at least let them know your not happy with the quality of their latest bowls, and others aren't either so MAYBE they can find a good supplier again. I've been very happy with my cheapies and I think they are the 10 oz ones.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Bowl look horrible.
:hmmm:
They may give you a refund if you say that it was “defective”.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Stainless Steel Forever Bowl
Check out the rest of the bowls on that site, they have a good selection. And very good customer service.

I ordered two 10 0z bowls of different brands. Really only need the cups, not the holders, if they fit the kings rings.