• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

These aren't mine.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I swear. They have changed. Both of them very different. Suddenly friendly and coming out in seconds through their own will.

THEY'RE NOT MINE. I'm so confused, they've never acted like this ever and it's been a year and a half.

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Could they be going through a new phase? Sounds cute though :laugh:

Reactions: Ali

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Sometimes things just change :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Maybe...

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Sounds adorable, lol!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is not uncommon with birds! They seem to take a while adjusting to an idea, and then boom, let’s go! The first two weeks I had Twinkie, he wasn’t sure at all about wanting to come out. Suddenly, I couldn’t keep the little guy in and he kept trying to get to me every chance he had. :D

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
This is not uncommon with birds! They seem to take a while adjusting to an idea, and then boom, let’s go! The first two weeks I had Twinkie, he wasn’t sure at all about wanting to come out. Suddenly, I couldn’t keep the little guy in and he kept trying to get to me every chance he had. :D
Just 1.5 years seems like a long time!

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Some days Astro decides that she wants nothing to do with us. Usually lasts for a couple of days. I sometimes think that animals may have days where they have headaches? I dunno LOL.

How long has it been going on for you?

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Some days Astro decides that she wants nothing to do with us. Usually lasts for a couple of days. I sometimes think that animals may have days where they have headaches? I dunno LOL.

How long has it been going on for you?
This morning onwards. It seems to just be me, too.

dollfish

Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
Oh I actually misunderstood. I thought they suddenly stopped liking you, but it is the other way around isn't it? Good news then? :dance2:

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Oh I actually misunderstood. I thought they suddenly stopped liking you, but it is the other way around isn't it? Good news then? :dance2:
Well, I'm not sure. I think they've been swapped for a different pair. I came downstairs this morning, stared at my dad and literally said "Those aren't my birds".

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Changes can happen suddenly. A few of my red-bellied parrots went through a phobic stage where they wouldn't even come out of their cages or come over to me when in their cages. This lasted for a few years. Then one day they just seemed to snap out of it and were willing to come out and be interactive again.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Changes can happen suddenly. A few of my red-bellied parrots went through a phobic stage where they wouldn't even come out of their cages or come over to me when in their cages. This lasted for a few years. Then one day they just seemed to snap out of it and were willing to come out and be interactive again.
As far as I know, they have never been like this in their lives. It is a complete change!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Emrys, one of my linnies, was very timid for a good year and a half, even while Caspar went through his awful puberty. Then once his flight feathers came back in (came to me clipped) and he started to fly it seemed like very suddenly he became very outgoing. He's such a different bird than he was for that time he was unflighted. So yeah, just happens! Sometimes the other way too, though. I had to grab Aoife and get her back in her cage because she was being super stubborn and I was going to be late to work and I really really didn't want to, but she was mad at me for a good week. I damaged her trust. I felt so bad, I still do! So now I have to plan better if I have to be somewhere.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My boys are molting, too. It's funny because one will lose a certain feather and then the next day or so the other drops the same one!