• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Then there's that thing called Linnie poop.....

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Sprite landed smack on top of my head today, pooped, and flew away. That is first time in all my bird owning years anyone has ever shat in my hair. How gross!! And you know, it did seem like it was on purpose.

I was going to attach a pic of the monsterous difference between Sprite's poops and JellyBean's poops (I guess that's going to be his official name), but I decided it might be inappropriate ;) Overall, Sprite has these large tidal flat sized poops, and JellyBean continues to have these neat and tidy, very un-linnie-like poops. I don't think there's a problem with either one, but I find it interesting that they're on the same diet yet have such different poop styles. Maybe Sprite drinks more water??

Ah, now you know how I spent my thoughtful time on Saturday evening :)

-NG

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:rofl: I loved reading all about your Saturday evening :)
I would have liked to have seen the end result of your hairstyle to be honest more than the difference between your birds poops :hehe:
Sorry, at least Sprite is not a pelican:wideyed: I got pooped on by one of those once (on the face too) so I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone getting pooped on, I kinda think it is funny :D and just so you feel better...... Burt flew to me today then laughed and pooped a huge bomb then laughed some more and took off to play with his ripped box. I had poop on my shirt and it ran down my jeans and dripped into my shoe :lol:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
I would have liked to have seen the end result of your hairstyle to be honest more than the difference between your birds poops :hehe:
Sorry, at least Sprite is not a pelican:wideyed: I got pooped on by one of those once (on the face too) so I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone getting pooped on, I kinda think it is funny :D and just so you feel better...... Burt flew to me today then laughed and pooped a huge bomb then laughed some more and took off to play with his ripped box. I had poop on my shirt and it ran down my jeans and dripped into my shoe :lol:
A PELICAN pooped on you?!?! Omg that must have been huge.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Eek, I have not been pooped on the head ever, but many other places, lol Gigi's first poop of the day is crazy huge and liquidy.

Aww Jelly Bean. Such a cute name, JB as a nic? :)

NorthernGannet

You win!!! I should count my blessings that Sprite did not laugh, because that's the one human vocalization he copies!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No nic, the full 3 syllables :)
I was kidding with the specific JB. I just call my pets a million nicknames, just as I do my kids and grandkids. No one is called routinely by their given names in our family. I, for instance, am often Meems. :)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Actually when you said "an aviary of linnies, one of every color," the poop was my first thought! You'd need a shovel! Both my boys do the big liquidy, especially depending on what they've had to eat. Apples make for really liquid. And I swear they poop on purpose like that! Sometimes when Caspar is irritated with me he'll go to his food bowl, look straight at me, and poop in his food! It's like a weapon! I've only ever had lovebird poop in my hair, fortunately.

JellyBean is an adorable name!

I do nicknames with some of my animals, but mainly my cats. My birds' names don't shorten well. My kitten Ivan, I often call Ivanchenko, or Vanushka, in the Russian tradition of nicknames being longer than the actual name!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My kitten Ivan, I often call Ivanchenko, or Vanushka, in the Russian tradition of nicknames being longer than the actual name!
that's so charming, I never knew that

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
that's so charming, I never knew that
Idk that its actually tradition, but it seems to be the norm. A diminutive of Alexei is Alyosha for example. I was watching the tv series Chernobyl over the summer when I got him haha

NorthernGannet

Actually when you said "an aviary of linnies, one of every color," the poop was my first thought! You'd need a shovel! Both my boys do the big liquidy, especially depending on what they've had to eat. Apples make for really liquid. And I swear they poop on purpose like that! Sometimes when Caspar is irritated with me he'll go to his food bowl, look straight at me, and poop in his food! It's like a weapon! I've only ever had lovebird poop in my hair, fortunately.
It would only work if they all pooped like JellyBean. I'd have to be a careful shopper and see poop samples before committing :) On a serious note, do I have the only linnies who refuse to eat apples?

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
It would only work if they all pooped like JellyBean. I'd have to be a careful shopper and see poop samples before committing :) On a serious note, do I have the only linnies who refuse to eat apples?
I feel like there's someone else who's linnie refuses apples, but they are really commonly a favorite. My boys are garbage disposals, but they refused mango the one time I offered it. My favorite apples are Pink Lady but I feel like the boys don't love those. Probably too tart.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@NorthernGannet and @Leih Gigi is a picky eater unlike the normal Linnie. She eats Roudybush pellets, nutri-berries and mixed veggies and brown rice right now. She has never eaten an apple and I have offered pieces maybe 20 or more times.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award