• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The virus and getting another parrot?

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I strongly believe where there is a will there is a way. However, sometimes even the strongest willpower isn't enough during times like these. For that reason, it's important to remember that not everyone giving up their bird is doing so because it's the easy way out.
In that case I would suggest trying to sell them at least.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
In that case I would suggest trying to sell them at least.
They can´t. Travelling to buy/sell a bird is not permitted here for us. Nor is taking a bird to a shelter. To do so would incur a fine of up to 600,000 and/or prison of up to 4 months.
Look at Italy, they are breaking into shops for food because they are broke and very hungry. They have the same restrictions as us, so I wouldn´t be surprised if they were also releasing birds. What is the alternative? Keep them and watch them starve to death? A human can live longer without food than a bird.
I don´t condone it, and it saddens me, but these are desperate people who are malnourished and making really tough decisions.
I wish there was some sort of charity able to help, but I don´t think that is the case unfortunately.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Right, that's extreme... and the situation we are in is extreme too, it was not the same in 2008 where it was still possible to sell/ buy pets. I wasn't aware the situation was so bad in Italy, I have a friend who says her family in Italy tells her they visit each other, get their hair done... Just like the French, always looking for a way to avoid abiding the law... :rolleyes:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have a friend who says her family in Italy tells her they visit each other, get their hair done..
And that is why the case numbers carry on increasing. People are still going out, some have permission, others do not and are contributing.
Here, if I go outside right now alone, and just have a ten minute walk to stretch my legs, I risk receiving the fine and prison (I would think it would be a fine for that instance but who knows).

I can go to the cash machine, supermarket, chemist or pet shop (for food). But I have to prove it, IE with a receipt.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
And that is why the case numbers carry on increasing. People are still going out, some have permission, others do not and are contributing.
Here, if I go outside right now alone, and just have a ten minute walk to stretch my legs, I risk receiving the fine and prison (I would think it would be a fine for that instance but who knows).

I can go to the cash machine, supermarket, chemist or pet shop (for food). But I have to prove it, IE with a receipt.
I know, they are not supposed to either, but France and Italy are bad at following orders. Governments are trying to find way to force them but the police can't be everywhere.
Where I live we can go out and don't need an excuse but we have to keep our distances and most people do comply. Although they are whining that their Easter holidays are ruined -absolute holy time in their cabins, has been forbidden this year...- there will not be a soul on the mountains next week.