• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The taller the tree....er..person?

Shivan

Walking the driveway
:coffeescreen: I've always wondered if parrots sometimes choose who they prefer simply because of the persons height. I hear so many stories of birds that fall in love with the non-owner, or non-bird person, especially if that person is taller. Luckily I'm the tallest in my house (lol, and I'm sort of short)
But wondering how many people on here are the tallest if the bird prefers you, or if the bird prefers someone else, is that person taller??

DancingFeathers

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I'm Triton's favorite, the shortest one in my entire and even extended family, at 5' 6". That said, the runner up for favorite is 6'4".

thekarens

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Karen
Both my sennies are one person birds...me. I'm 5'3, my partner is 5'5 and our boys are 5'8 and 6'4.

Karnkate

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
My Mali (this white guy in my profile) likes to be with anyone he thinks they "deserve his cuteness" but his favorite spot seems to be my bookshelf and the refrigerator..which are 2.15 meters and around 180cm respectively.
I think it's from their sense of security when being in somewhere they know they won't be harm?
Some small dogs (poms and shih tzus) in my neighborhood like to bark at me when I walk my dog pass their houses from their respective balconies...rather than barking at us at the gate face-to-face.

But I don't think that large birds will feel this way, and they probably know well what can their beaks do to humans' epidermis and bones.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Neither of my conures are 'one person birds', although Charlie appears to be one. He just wont give strangers the time of day unless they take time (weeks!) to earn his trust.

Jayde on the other hand.... she's like "Oooh! A new lady! Here! I'll whisper sweet nothings into your ear, give you kisses and let you scratch me if you'll just pay attention to me!!!!"

Jayde is pretty much an attention whore with the ladies.... lol And if I dare separate her from new found love, she cusses me out in conure speech! :rofl: She just loves being the center of attention!